~~Тема урока: «Health Problems. Healthy Way of Life» (9 класс)
Цель урока: вывести учащихся на творческий уровень владения письменной речью на основе подготовительных и продуктивных упражнений по аудированию, чтению, говорению.
продолжить формировать и совершенствовать лексические и грамматические навыки и умения делать вывод, обобщать, выделять проблемы, сокращать и расширять тексты в устном и письменном изложении в рамках изучаемой темы на основе дифференциации; способствовать выработке умений формировать устные и письменные неподготовленные сообщения с опорой на источник информации.
урок – практикум по аудированию, чтению, говорению, письму.
Материально – дидактическое оснащение:
учебник, проектор, компьютер, экран, доска, MP3, карточки.
I. Организационный момент.
Hello, dear children! I am glad to see you! Today we`ll devote our lesson to reading, writing, speaking about health, health problems and healthy way of life, what we should do to be healthy, because health is considered to be above wealth.
II. Фонетическая и речевая зарядка.
1. What word is it? Listen to its definition and the number of letters in it. Then say a word and spell it.
1) It is a dangerous disease. 6 letters - (c-a-n-c-e-r).
2) You should reduce it to be healthy. 6 letters - (w-e-i-g-h-t).
3) They are very useful for your health. 8 letters - (v-i-t-a-m-i-n-s).
4) It is one of the modern bad habits. 7 letters - (s-m-o-k-i-n-g).
5) When we are ill or catch a cold we have it. 5 letters - (c-o-u-g-h).
6) He is a person, who follows a diet. 7 letters - (s-l-i-m-m-e-r).
2.Аудирование: Eating habits are very important. Every person chooses his own eating habits. One of them is to be a vegetarian. Listen to the text «Vegetarian». The text is a summary, which presents a description of the word vegetarian and counts the reasons to be a vegetarian.
While listening fill in the gaps to make the summary complete (note - taking) (слайд №1).
Заполнить письменно и прочитать.
Ключи: 1) avoids 5) healthier 8) chosen
2) meaning 6) cheaper 9) provide
3) choose 7) religious
III. Основная часть:
1. Eating habits have much in common in many countries. Look through the text «Eating Habits in Britain» and write an outline and a summary of the text. (группа сильных учащихся выполняет задание самостоятельно, один из учащихся выполняет задание на доске, чтение и анализ содержания текста выполнены на предыдущем уроке) (слайд №2).
2. As you know health depends on good and bad habits. People should avoid bad habits to be healthy. At home you were to get ready for writing a dictation «Bad Habits». You`ll have some minutes to write it now. ( Контроль домашнего задания группы менее сильных учащихся на основе самодиктанта по лексико – грамматической таблице упр.№4(2) стр.105.)
(Выборочное прочтение диктанта с последующей проверкой; анализ плана и summary коллективно).
3. Health problems are paid much attention to in mass media.
1). Read the article, fill in the gaps in it and spell the words. (Слайд № 3).
2). Name the problems the article covers.
4. Read the article «A Breath of Fresh Air» and mind the highlighted words. Name the words they are derived from. (задание выполняет группа менее сильных учащихся) (Слайд №4)
a) unpopular – popular
displeasing – please
unhealthy – health
undeniable – deny
Irresistible – resist
impossible – possible
ineffective – effect
illegal – legal
unable – ability
unbearable – bear
of the article (упражнение на перефразирование предложений, сужение текста).
5. Релаксационная пауза:
Listen to the song”Daddy Cool”, please. It can be also a dance.
6. To be healthy grown – ups and children should lead a healthy way of life. What is a healthy way of life? What should people do and avoid?
1). Describe the situations in details where the sentences are used, express your wish, idea, doubts, agreement etc. (упражнение на расширение текста на основе домашнего задания группе сильных учащихся “Healthy Way of Life’’) (Слайд №5).
a) We should avoid different bad habits.
b) Joined by less dangerous habits, they affect our health.
c) What is tasty is not always healthy.
d) The fashion for healthy food is growing all the time.
e) There are a lot of ways to lose weight and avoid gaining it.
f) People follow a calorie – controlled diet.
g) Excessive dieting is dangerous.
h) The way to stay healthy is physical activity.
i) It is necessary to take care of health.
j) Regularity promotes health.
2). You know much about bad and good health habits and the way to be healthy. What would you advise your friends and relatives to do to be healthy.
IV. Заключительная часть:
2. Анализ работы учащихся и объявление оценок.
3. Домашнее задание:
группе сильных учащихся написать сочинение с планом «My Health»;
группе менее сильных учащихся написать статью в газету о здоровом образе жизни.
1. Кузовлёв В. П. УМК «English-9». Издательство «Просвещение», Москва 2004.
2. Кисунько Е. И., Музланова Е. С. Устные темы, диалоги и упражнения по английскому языку к учебнику Кузовлёва В. П.и др. «English-9». Издательство «Экзамен», Москва 2004.
A vegetarian is someone who ________eating meat. The
word «vegetarian» comes from the Latin word vegetus ______ «whole, fresh, full of life». According to the text people _______to be vegetarians for six reasons. Here they are:
1. It`s _______to kill animals for food.
2. A vegetarian diet is _______than a diet that includes meat.
3. A vegetarian diet is _______than a diet that includes meat.
4. Some people are vegetarians because of their beliefs.
5. Some people have _________to be vegetarian for ecological reasons.
6. It`s easier to grow vegetables than to raise vegetable-eating animals to _______food for all the people.
Eating Habits in Britain
The traditional British breakfast is a cooked meal of bacon, eggs and sausages, preceded by cereal or fruit and followed by toast. Nowadays, this large meal is served mainly in hotels and is very popular with foreign visitors. Britons may eat this big breakfast at weekends or special occasions but they prefer a smaller, healthier meal to start a normal day. Lunch is a light meal and is eaten at school or work at about 1 p.m. Lunch takes 30-40 minutes. Some offices have installed a microwave oven for employees to use. Popular lunches are: a salad or a sandwich; a baked potato; beans on toast.
Snacks are very popular in Britain, and many people frequently eat snacks between meals. Schools may also sell snacks, such as crisps, chocolate, sweets and biscuits. Instant snacks are the fastest-growing sector of the food market.
Dinner is usually the main meal of the day and consists of two coursesmeat or fish and vegetables followed by a dessert or pudding. Convenience and frozen foods are especially popular. Convenience meals are already cooked-all you have to do is to heat them up in the microwave. Most supermarkets sell a range of pre-packed meals to be heated in the microwave.
Take-aways became extremely popular in the 1980s. the traditional British take-away is fish and chips eaten with salt and vinegar. Some fish and chips still wrap your meal in newspaper, others use special bags to keep it warm. Some give you a plastic fork. Most towns and cities now offer a wide range of take-away meals, from American-stily hamburgers to Turkish kebabs. Many families prefer to eat take-away food for dinner instead of cooking.
The British are famous for their love of sweet things, and afternoon tea with sandwiches, scones, jam and several different kinds of coke was once a traditional custom. Like the English cooked breakfast, it is now more often found in teashops and hotels than in private homes, and you can buy special guidebooks to tell you where the best afternoon teas are served. Most working people do not have teas as an afternoon «meal», but they do have a sport break in the middle of the afternoon for a cup of tea. Tea is often drunk with lunch and dinner.
Since the 1970s. eating habits in Britain have undergone a change. People started to eat less fat and more fibre. Fat is believed to be one of the major causes of obesity and heart disease. Forty per cent of adults in Britain are overweight. High fibre foods and low fat foods can now be found in all shops and supermarkets.
The British have also started to count calories. They try to take in fewer calories and to follow a calorie-controlled diet. One of the fastest-growing sectors of the food market in Britain is slimming foods.
Fill in the blanks and spell the words. The first letter of each missing word has been given.
People nowadays are more health-conscious than they used to be. We jog keep f__ or take other forms of regular e__. Thousands of go to a g__ on a regular basis. Many more d__ to lose weight. Fortunately, s__ has been banned on most flights and in most public places because everyone agrees it does h__ to our health. However, there are killed d__ like AIDs and cancer which still seem to be incurable. And malaria is the biggest cause of d__ in the Third World. Heart a__ remain the most common cause of deaf in Europe. The importance of h__ is reflected in everyday expressions such as «to drink to someone`s health» or saying «Your health!» as we drink a glass of wine.
A Breath of fresh air
The British government has decided to take the unpopular decision to ban smoking in a lot of public places. Though a lot of people find smoking displeasing, and though experts all agree it is unhealthy and that it costs the state a lot to treat victims of smoking, it is also undeniable that manu people get pleasure from the habit and find smoking irresistible when are in company.