The value of sport.
- cистематизировать знания учащихся по теме «Спорт»
- активизация лексических навыков по теме
- развитие умений вести и поддерживать беседу по теме
- знакомство с историей Олимпийских игр
- повышение интереса к спорту
- воспитывать чувство гордости за достижения спортсменов своей страны
- расширять знания детей о значимости спорта в жизни человека.
Тип урока: комбинированный.
I. Организационный момент.
1. Greeting. Good morning, girls and boys! I’m glad to see you! How are you? I think, you are in a good mood. So the topic of our lesson is “The value of sport”. Today we will continue to speak about sport and we’ll learn about Olympic games.
2. Фонетическая зарядка.
a) Let us try to be polite
In everything you do.
Remember always to say “please”
And don’t forget “thank you”.
You can see a short poem here. Will you read it aloud, …? Can you translate it, …? Let’s read the poem all together. If you want to be polite, follow this instruction.
b) Let’s practice the English sounds. I’ll show you the symbols of the English sounds and your task is to pronounce it and name words with it on the topic “Sport”.
[ l ] [ h ] [ r ] [ s ] [ t ] [ b ]
II. Основная часть урока.
1. Речевая зарядка.
T. : OK. Please look at this chart.
What unusual sports do you know?
What summer sports do you know?
And winter sports?
And water sports?
-Please open your books “Welcome to Tatarstan” on page 75, ex. 1.
2. Активизация лексики.
Teacher: Now look at this list
- Arm wrestling
- Roller skating
- Mountain climbing
Teacher: What is bodybuilding? … I agree with you. It`s a kind of athletism.
- Have you heard about paintball? It’s playing in war by using weapon with paint.
- What can you say about the words - football, basketball, volleyball, handball, paintball, baseball. (презентация) (нога- мяч, корзина-мяч, толкать-мяч, рука-мяч, краска- мяч)
3. Монологическая речь
Teacher: Well. In the past, sports were activities that people did for fun in their free time. This has changed a lot in recent years.
And now let’s talk about national sports. Answer to my questions, please.
What are the national sports in Britain do you know? …
What kind of sports were invented in Britain?
What racing competitions do you know?
What is Wimbeldon famous for?
What are the national sports in the USA do you know? …
What kind of sports were invented in the USA?
And what can you tell about sports in Russia?
I like your answers. Thank you.
So, do you like sports? Sport helps us to be healthy, to stay in good mood, keeps us fit, makes more organized and better disciplined. Do you agree with me?
- Do you do morning exercises? …
- I know some of you go in for sports. And you wrote short compositions about it. I’d like to listen to you. Alsu what can you tell about your sports life? Ilshan what about you?...
1) Hands up! Hands down!
Hands on the hips.
Bend left. Bend right.
Nod your head.
Wave your hands.
Thank you. Sit down.
2) – Now let’s have a little game.
I’ll show you the pictures of famous sportsmen. And your task is to guess who is in the picture. But I’ll open it only in parts. You’ll be the first team and you the second team. Let’s begin our game. (презентация)
- Now I want you to listen to the record and answer to my questions.
What country is spoken to?
What sports are spoken about?
What sports are famous in Tatarstan?
I think you know Kazan will be the host of Youth World Games (Universiade) in 2013. I think you’ll be the spectators and I hope also you’ll take part in it.
And now I like to see your knowledge of Olympic Games. Look through the test. You are to complete the sentences. Choose the right answer and tick it off. At the end of the test write down your surname.
Excellent. Exchange your tests and check up on your friend’s work. The right answers are given. Now, give me the test, please.
1. The first games were held in…
2. The games were organized every…
- Fourth year
- Fifth year
- Sixth year
3. The competitions of athletes were only for…
4. Olympic Games cannot take place in a country which is…
- at peace
- at war
- far from Greece
5. The symbol of the 22 nd Olympic Games was…
6. The Olympic Games is the symbol of…
- peace and friendship
7. Введение информации по теме « История Олимпийских игр»
- Can you say what is it?...
- Yes, you are right. It is the mascot (талисман) of Summer Olympic Games which took place in Moscow in 1980.
I’ll give you a brief history of the Olympic Games. (презентация)
According to historic records, the first Olympic Games were held in 776 B.C. in Olympia, Greece. The Games were held every 4 years in honour of the king of the gods,Zeus. It is reported that there was only 1 event in the very earliest Olympiad: the 200-yard sprint. Soon, other events were added, including boxing, wrestling, the discus throw, the long jump, so on.
Horse races were added later.
For 1000 years the Games were at regular intervals of 4 years. Special messengers were sent out in every direction to announce the beginning of the Games and to signal an end of all disputes and wars until after the Games. The modern Olympic Games are still held every 4th year, but were interrupted in 1916, 1940 and 1944 by World Wars. In A.D. 393 the Byzantine Emperor banned the Games.
In 1894 Baron Pierre de Coubertin wrote a letter to the sport organizations of every country. In his letter he described the educational value of sports to modern man. He formed the International Olympic Committee and on 5 April 1896, the Olympic Games began again. Russia joined it in 1952. The symbol is 5 rings which represent 5 continents.
III. Заключительный этап урока.
1: As 2009 is the year of sport and the way of healthy life you’ll go for sports.I hope you`ll be strong and athletic. Your marks are…
Next lesson we'll start with another interesting topic about Olympic games. Your home task is page 80, ex. 2. Write about your favourite sportsman. Thank you for the lesson. Good bye.