Урок английкого языка в 7 классе
- знакомство с новым лексическим материалом по теме;
- развитие самостоятельности, творческих способностей, быстроты мышления;
- воспитание уважения к традициям школы, учителям;
- развитие речевых умений по теме (говорить, переводить, писать);
- сопутствующая задача – скрытый контроль сформированности речевых умений.
Языковой материал: лексический материал по теме.
Оснащение урока: учебное пособие «World Class» Level 3, диаграмма, аудиозапись диалога «First day at camp», запись слов на доске, карточки, плакаты с головоломками и юмористическим рассказом.
- Организационный момент.
- Определение темы урока.
- Работа с лексическим материалом по теме.
- Выполнение упражнений на развитие навыков чтения, устной речи.
- Обсуждение школьных правил (за и против).
- Заключительный этап урока:
- оценка деятельности учащихся, подведение итогов;
- объяснение домашнего задания;
- чтение юмористического рассказа по теме (при наличии времени).
I. Организационный момент
T: Good morning. Glad to see you.
Who is on duty today? Who is away? What day is it today? What is the date today?
II. Определение темы урока
T: Well, children, I won' t tell you the topic of our lesson. You should guess. Listen to me attentively.
- You go there every day except weekends.
- You study different subjects there.
- The children, who go there, are called pupils.
- Your … is a two-storeyed building, built in 1978.
P 1, 2, 3.
T: You're quite right, it's «School».
And, as usual, try to draw a spidergram. What will we speak in this unit about?
III. Работа с лексическим материалом по теме
T: And now I suggest your listening to a dialogue connected with the topic of our lesson. It's called «First day at camp». Ron, Jean, Andrew will speak. (Приложение 1)
T: What subjects do the children mention?
Let us compare. What subjects do we study at school, in Russia, I mean?
P 1, 2, 3.
T: Yes, you are right, here they are. Look at them and remember their spelling. Well, repeat.
Arts and Crafts
T: I want you to work in pairs now. Discuss your favourite subjects, please, and tell the class about your partner's one's.
T: Thank you. Open your books and find Ex. E on p. 93 (SB). Read the task. Each of you will have this list of school subjects. (Приложение 2) Mark them out of ten. E. g. if I like Maths I give 10, if I don't I give 2 or 3. Do, please.
T: Are you ready? Now form groups and make a rating of the most popular subjects in your group.
So, what are they, the most popular subjects?
P1, 2, 3. (The teacher writes on the board or puts a tick).
T: Let us look. And the most popular subjects in your class are…
Why are they so popular, why do you like them?
T: I think it's time to entertain ourselves a bit. Look at these words, unscramble these school subjects.
- shority (history)
- madar (drama)
- leshing (English)
- shypsci (physics)
- manger (German)
- chenrf (French)
- gioloby (biology)
- phragyeog (geography)
- rat (art)
T: Very good.
IV. Выполнение упражнений на развитие навыков чтения, устной речи
T: Have a look at the spidergram again. Remember, I suggested writing the word «emotions»? About them we'll speak now. Find Ex.A, p.92 (SB). (Приложение 2) Read the task.
P 1, 2, 3. ( Never, always, sometimes, often, usually).
T: Well, it depends, you know. Let us move on to Ex. B. (Приложение 2) Answer the questions, please. But at first write down the new words: (с транскрипцией)
- amoeba – амеба,
- scruffy – неряшливый,
- to make copious notes – подробно записывать,
- to glare at – свирепо смотреть на…,
- to bend studiously over – усердно работать над…,
- to lean back – наклониться назад,
- upright – прямо.
P 1, 2, 3.
T: Thank you for your answers. Timur, distribute these, please.(Приложение 3) Match the adverbs with their definitions. Use the text. Your time is up. What does the first word mean?
P 1, 2, 3.
T: Good. Ex. D, please. (Приложение 3) Read the task. Do, please. Let’s check.
Well, say the words we’ve been working with after me: hard, studiously, delicately, slowly, sweetly; copious notes, to glare, to sit upright.
Pupils, I’d like to speak about the lesson of English exactly now. Look at this box and find the words describing our activities at the lesson. Find 11 words.
T: Say what you like/hate, don’t like, prefer, can’t stand doing.
P 1, 2, 3.
T: Very good. And now make a list of things, which you like or don’t like at our school and make up sentences using the verbs above.
V T: By the way, speaking about the uniform, what do you think about it? What are your arguments For and Against it? What is your idea of a good school uniform? (You may use these expressions).
1) to give a common identity to the school
1) you don’t have a chance to develop personal taste in the way you dress
2) if all the students in a school wear the same type of clothes they look smart when they are together
2) people who look scruffy usually look scruffy in their uniforms too and you can always tell the people who come from poor homes because their uniforms are not as new or don’t fit properly
3) students whose parents can’t afford nice clothes look the same as everyone else and don’t feel inferior
3) most schools choose such horrible colours and styles, that don’t suit young people at all
T: Judging by this I can say that you’re against/for it. But it’s a rule and we must obey it. There are many rules at schools. I’ll read you the students’ responsibilities and you should say whether they are true in our school.
- Students should be in the classroom 5 minutes before the teacher and they mustn’t leave before the lesson has ended.
- Students should be polite to one another and to the teacher.
- Students are not supposed to chew gum in class.
- Students mustn’t use the following excuses if they haven’t done their homework: «The dog ate it» or «It fell out of my bag».
- Primary school pupils should wear a uniform, secondary school students are allowed not to wear a uniform.
- Students may not smoke in school.
- Never cheat on a test.
- Raise your hand when you want to ask a question.
- If you have been absent from school, you must present a written note signed by your parents or a doctor.
T: Ok. Find Ex. G, p. 93 (SB). (Приложение 3) Read the task. Say what you’d like to do, have etc. at school which is not there.
P 1, 2, 3.
T: It was very interesting to listen to your wishes. Now, in order to entertain ourselves, to have fun read the following letter, which is connected with our today’s lesson.
«Dear Dad, $chool i$ really great. I’m making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying very hard. With all my $tuff, I $imply can’t think of anything I need, $o if you would like, you can ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would like to hear from you. Love, Your $on».
The reply: «Dear Son, I kNOw that astronomy, economics and oceanography are eNOugh to keep even an honor student busy. Do Not forget that the pursuit of kNOledge is a Noble task, and you can never study eNOugh. Love, Dad».
- with all my stuff – зд. Так как у меня все есть
- reply – ответ
- honor student – отличник
- pursuit of knowledge – стремление к знаниям
- noble task – благородное дело
T: What does the boy want?
P 1, 2.
VI T: Well, pupils, I hope that you like school in spite of everything, that you are good pupils, that you will think about everything we’ve discussed today. Write down your home task and you may go.
(H. t. Describe your favourite lesson).