" Merry christmas" - красочная презентация, созданная на основе аутентичного материала - "Старинные рождественские открытки"
- Where was it once illegal to celebrate Christmas?
a) Scotland b) Massachusetts, the USA c) Bombay, India d) Yorkshire, England
2. Since when has Christmas been celebrated on 25th December?
a) 1 AD b) 120 AD c) 320 AD d) 520 AD
3. The historical figure who inspired the Santa Claus myth is St. Nicolas. Where was he born?
a) Britain b)Germany c) Russia d) Turkey
4. When were electric lights first used to decorate a Christmas tree?
a) 1882 b)1902 c)1906 d)1916
5. Who was the first British monarch to have a Christmas tree?
a) Queen Elizabeth I b)King Charles II c) Queen Victoria d) Queen Elizabeth II
6. Which spacecraft was lost on Christmas Day 2003 ?
a) Beagle 2 b)Enterprise c)Apollo 13 d)Mars Explorer
7. What did Harry Potter get for Christmas the first year he was at Hogwarts School ?
a)nothing b)a magic potion c)an invisibility cloak d)five pairs of socks
8. The Romans also had a mid-winter festival around the same time as Christmas is now celebrated. What was it called?
a)Invernalia b)Saturnalia c)Solstizia d)Winternia
9. What kind of holiday is Christmas ?
a)historical b)political c)social d)religious
10. Who was the author of the story A Christmas Carol, in which a miserly old man called Scrooge is visited by the ghosts of Christmas?
a)Charles Dickens b)Jane Austen c)J.K. Rowling d)Mark Twain
11. Where does Father Christmas live ?
a)Iceland b)The South Pole c) Lapland d)Alaska
12. Which of the following is not the name of one of Father Christmas’ reindeer?
a)Blitzen b)Rudolf c)Prancer d)Bobtail