Long-term plan unit:2
Date: 2 Ж – 19.10.2016
2 З – 18.10.2016
2 И - 24.10.2016
Teacher name: Masharapova G.O
Theme of the lesson:
People I know. Describing
Learning objectives(s) that this lesson is contributing to
2.S3; 2.UE3; 2.S1; 2.L3;
All learners will be able to: identify some common body parts.
Most learners will be able to: describe their friends
Some learners will be able to: Recognize the sounds of phonemes
they can understand and recognize 4-5 words
a CD player | Flashcards| Worksheets
vocabulary from previous units
Planned activities (replace the notes below with your planned activities)
Teacher greets students; students respond to greeting and take their places.
Hello, boys and girls! How are you?
- Stand everyone in a circle around you and throw (or roll) a ball to each student randomly. As you do so, ask questions, starting from the simple (What's your name?, How are you?) to more involved questions (Can you fly?, etc.). You can review questions from previous lessons and introduce new questions.
- Divide the class into 2 groups
“Hello” song CD1:04
Activity1. Revise the body parts vocabulary
- [W] Prepare flashcards of the parts of the body.Slowly reveal each flashcard card and have your students touch their part of the body (so, when you show the "head" flashcard get everyone to touch their heads).
- Use the song to revise body vocabulary
Activity 2. Flashcard exercise
[W] Give out body flashcards so that each student has at least one card (even better is for each student to have two cards). Shout out a random flashcard word (e.g. "ears") with an action (e.g. "ears - hands up!"). All students with the ears flashcards have to do that action. Continue with other words and different actions (e.g. jump up and down, run on the spot, turn around, stand up / sit down, wiggle, touch your toes, etc.).
- [D] Teacher pre teachers adjectives to describe hair and eyes. Long/short small/big black/brown/blond
- Read classroom reader "My friends" by showing the slides
This is Aruzhan. She is my friend. Aruzhan has got black long hair. She has got big brown eyes. She likes swimming. She can sing, but she can’t dance.
This is Ben. He is my friend too. Ben has got short blonde hair. He has got small eyes. He likes playing football. He can ride a bike, but he can’t swim.
[W] Teacher gives learners a worksheet. Learners listen and write initial characters below image of characters according to description of young people heard.
Activity 5. Flashcard game: “STOP”
[W] Take your picture cards and put them on your lap. Say a target word and then hold up picture cards one at a time. When the children see the right card they shout “STOP!”
[I] Give learners a worksheet entitled. My friend ____. Worksheet is divided into 4 columns. ‘s got, likes, can, can’t. Learners tick images in each column that related to their friend and then tell their partner about their friend.
Flashcards: Body parts
scissors, paper, coloured pencils.
Evaluation of the lesson by means of oral feedback from students – thumbs up or down.
Differentiation – how do you plan to give more support? How do you plan to challenge the more able learners?
Assessment – how are you planning to check learners’ learning?
Health and safety check