Тема: Television and children.
1. Расширять лексический запас по теме.
2. Учить извлекать информацию из текста.
3. Учить строить аргументированное высказывание.
4. Развивать навык чтения с общим охватом содержания.
5. Развивать языковую догадку.
- Организационный момент.
How are you?
a) Raport of the duty.
-Who is on duty today?
-Who is absent today?
-Who is he/she absent?
-OK. Let’s begin our lesson.
2. Мозговой штурм
- write down the advantages of television in green and disadvantages in red. Work in groups.
- Let’s discuss your results
THE EFFECTS OF TELEVISION
3. And now look at the blackboard. You will agree or disagree with statements. If you disagree with me, share please your idea.
- It is better to get information from TV rather than from books.
- TV helps us to relax.
- TV helps us to learn new facts and information about different countries, people and culture.
- Television makes people lazy.
- Television destroys our families.
- TV is a terrible waste of time.
- There is too much violence on TV.
Our mankind has entered the 21st century, the 3rd millennium. We all consider that the 20th century was the century of dynamic development, the era of science and technological progress. TV has changed our lives in many ways. It’s difficult to imagine an ordinary day of an ordinary inhabitant of our Earth without TV. But there are different opinions about it, it has both advantages and disadvantages. I want you to discuss this problem. You’ll be divided into two groups.
The first group: your point of view is TV is the best invention the man ever made.
The second group: your point of view is TV is the worst invention the man ever made. Try to give your arguments on each point of view, using the word combinations.
+ There is no doubt that TV helps us to learn more about the world, to know and see many new things.
- I see what you mean, but TV can make us passive. We don’t have to think and our brains become lazy.
+ I’m sorry, but I can’t agree with you because TV presents information to us in a more effective way than books. It can also make things more memorable.
- Don’t forget that it may lead to poor health, overstrains eyes and obstructs our minds.
+ But can’t you see that it’s an enjoyable way to relax. TV informs, educates and it’s good company for people who live alone.
- I’m afraid I’m not of the same opinion. It eats up time. More over it’s like a drug impossible to resist, it kills conversation. People begin to forget other ways to occupy their spare time.
+To my mind TV brings us closer to other people, and helps us to cope with everyday life.
- But I personally think there is too much violence on TV. It makes people especially children cruel and violent themselves.
+ In short word, nobody makes you to watch TV. If you don’t like it switch off your TV set.
- You could be right. Really TV has both advantages and disadvantages and it’s up to us to decide how to use it.
What do you think of modern TV?
Television dominates our life. It is impossible to imagine it without TV. It appeared much later than newspapers, magazines or radio and it opened a new era in the development of mass media. Television nowadays, its role and responsibility are being widely discussed. Some people suppose it has more advantages, others think it has more disadvantages.
Not everyone will agree with me, but I’m sure that TV is doing a lot of good and it’s one of the most valuable achievements. It provides great opportunities for education. There are programmes devoted to specialized subjects. With the help of TV it is possible to learn foreign languages, to know a lot of wonderful things concerning the world of flora and fauna. TV teaches the ideal of democracy and political arguments. Watching television can be compared with reading books.
Some people are said to become TV addicts. But I can argue with you because you can be addicted to computers or mobile telephones as well. Besides, it is considered that before we admitted the one-eyed monster into our houses, we used to entertain our friends, we used to go outside, to theatres, cinemas, sporting events, and all our free time is regulated by the goggle-box. I can’t agree.
As for me, TV doesn’t prevent me from meeting with friends. I and my family enjoy visiting theatres and I go in for sport. It’s an absurd idea that TV makes people its slaves. It depends.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of violence on TV and it creates violence in real life. But on the other hand, children should not be permitted to watch such programmes. More over the programmes are various and people have a chance to select what they want to see. For example, TV bridges between Russia and other countries once were very popular and they showed that TV was a unifying force.
Generally speaking, TV is a test of our wisdom: either we can use it or it can use us. I think that I use and will use television for my best benefit and enrichment.
5.Работа с лексикой
There are different channels on our TV and they provide a considerable variety of programs. Your task is to match the name of the program and its definition.
1. Chat show – is a programme in which famous people talk about themselves and answer questions about their lives, opinions etc.
2. Quiz show – is a programme in which people or teams complete against each other by answering questions.
3. Game show – is a programme in which people play games and answer questions in order to win prizes.
4. Cartoon – is a film, especially a story for children that is made by photographing a series of drawings, so that they seem to move.
5. Sitcom – is an amusing programme in which there is a different story each week about the same group of people.
6. Breakfast show – is a programme in which is broadcast early in the morning, which includes news and tells you what time it is; there are also usually songs and jokes and conversations with famous people.
7. Soap opera – is a television story about a group of people and their lives, which is broadcast regularly for many years.
8. The news – is a programme that is broadcast several times each day, which tells you about all the important events that are happening in the world.
9. Wildlife programme – is a television programme about wild animals and plants.
10. Documentary – is a programme that gives you facts and information about a serious subject, such as history, science or social programme.
6. Домашнеe заданиe.
Ex III on p.142
написать эссе “Television: for and against”
7. Подведение итогов урока
Our lesson is over. You were very active today and we have done a lot of work. Thank you for the lesson.
- Что было трудным на уроке?
- Что было легким?
- Что понравилось больше всего?