Открытый урок в 9 классе по теме:
« The world of science and technology »
(По учебнику О.В.Афанасьевой)
1. Закрепить и проконтролировать степень усвоения знаний, умений и навыков, изученных и сформированных на уроках.
2. Развивать познавательный интерес, память, внимание, языковую догадку.
3. Развивать стремление к изучению иностранного языка.
Урок комплексного применения ЗУН учащихся
Используемые учебники и учебные пособия:
· музыкальный центр
· раздаточный материал
· наглядные пособия
1. Начало урока. Приветствие. Постановка темы урока.
T: Good morning, boys and girls! I am glad to see you! Welcome to our English lesson! As far as you know, we have been discussing the problems of science and technology at our lessons and today, you’ll have an opportunity to use your knowledge on our lesson. Some people think that technology will save the world and make it better, some others think that technology will ruin the society.
Interview your classmates. Play the part of correspondents from different newspapers.
When was the television invented?
What was the first country in the world to send a `satellite into space?
In what century was the telephone invented?
When did American astronauts land on the moon?
When did the Internet appear in Russia?
Which of the two countries uses the Space Shuttle-:Russia or America?
Neptune is the closest planet to the Sun,isn’t it?
3. Повторение лексического материала.
T: Have a look at the pictures and say what inventions have been made by the end of the 20th century.Why do people use them?(фотографии на экране)
1. Camera (we use a camera to take photos)
2. Microwave oven (we use it to cook,defrost,warm pre-prepared food)
3. TV set (we use it to have fun or entertain)
4. Vacuum cleaner (we use it to clean up liquids,dust and waste and shampooing)
5. Mobile phone(we use it to receive or make calls or messages)
6.Dishwasher(we use it to wash dishes)
7.Fax machine(we use it to send and receive urgent messages)
8.Computer(we use it to write programs,play games,find and use information from the Internet)
So, computer has become an important part of our life – some people can admire it, some can call it “devil”, but no one can deny it.
Say, please, who of you has a computer at home? How do you use your computer?
What do you think of computer?
3. Развитие навыков монологической речи. Контроль домашнего задания.
1. What can you tell us about computers?
P 1: 50 years ago people hadn’t even heard of computers, and today we cannot imagine life without them. Computer technology is the fastest- growing industry in the world. Computer revolution is changing our life and our language, too. We are constantly making up words giving new meanings to old ones.
P 2: Сomputers help people to do many things they couldn’t do alone. Bankers use them to keep track of money. Computers help companies to keep records, doctors- to treat sick people, and scientists - to solve problems.
P 3: The computer is a very useful thing. Like any tool, it helps people to do things better. Computers are fast and accurate. Compared to people, computers are not so intelligent.They are machines that will do only what they are told to. It is people who decide which facts to put into the computer.
P 4: Computers appeared in people’s life not long ago. In the middle of the 20th century common people had no idea about them. In 1951 the first commercially available computer was introduced. In 1975 personal computers appeared.
It is hard to imagine modern life without computers. The sphere of their application is very wide. Most offices are equipped with computers to make calculations and work with documentation. Surgical operations which were not previously possible are performed thanks to computer technologies. Technologies are also used in modern education both by students and teachers.
P5: Teenagers use computers for many purposes. Firstly, they play computer games, watch cartoons and films. Secondly, they do school tasks, read books and find various information on the Internet.
A new trend is communicating online. Such applications as Skype give an opportunity to talk to people who may be very far away in real time.
P 6: I have a computer at home. I can use and operate it quite well. I can make my own pictures, I play games, for example, The Great Battle and Counterstrike, I write letters to my e-mail friend (his nick is Theo) and I can make some programs in Q Basic! I hope I will be able to do some other things in the future
4. Выполнение упражнений.
T: Let’s repeat all the necessary computer science terms.
SD Rom- диск
Disk drive- дисковод
Floppy disk- гибкий диск
Boot- начальная загрузка
2. Чтение текста у.77,с.182
Прочитайте тексты и установите соответствие между текстами А–G и заголовками 1–8. Запишите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую цифру только один раз. В задании есть один лишний заголовок.
- A) Lars Magnus Ericsson, was the first man who had a telephone in his car. When he saw a place where he could get to phone lines, he connected to them with a pair of long electric wires. Then in Russia two Soviet engineers successfully tested a mobile phone installed in a car. It could connect to a local telephone network within 20 kilometers. A year later, two engineers from Europe tried to use antenna in the phone.
- B) The company of mobile phones in Finland started to sell their products in 1970. There were several types of phones: 2G and later 3G. Third-generation phones are now used everywhere in the world. They are small, flat and very comfortable to use. Some people say that the only problem with the new phones is to remember all the functions. The mobile phone is often called the Seventh of the Mass Media (with Print, Recordings, Cinema, Radio, TV and Internet the first six).
- C) In many countries, most adults and many children now have mobile phones. Mobile phones are used for a variety of purposes, including keeping in touch with the family, running business, and for emergency calls. Children and adults often play mobile phone games or use the phone as an audio player. In Japan, phone companies provide immediate notice of earthquakes and other natural disasters to their customers free of charge. In the event of an emergency, disaster response crews can find injured people using the signals from their mobile phones.
- D) Today’s mobile phones do more than just offer voice, email, Web and music services. They are stylish accessories, too. Cool design has always played a great role in digital business. People, young people especially, use the phone to express their self. Just like clothes, phones can carry a message of sports lifestyle, luxury, adventure or romance. Mobile phone companies introduce their new collections every season and it’s rather difficult to keep up with today’s mobiles.
- E) Mobile phones have increased greatly in the world. Some people carry more than one mobile phone for different purposes, such as for business and personal use. The mobiles are to be seen absolutely everywhere – in schools, restaurants, theatres and even churches. They ring during lectures, meetings and in classical music concerts. In recent survey, 62 % of people said that the most irritating thing in their lives was mobile phones on the train!
- 1) Early mobile phones
- 2) Annoying mobiles
- 3) Expensive mobiles
- 4) Fashionable mobiles
- 5) Multifunctional mobiles
- 6) Modern mobile phones
5. Заключительный этап.
T: Dear friends! I’d like to thank you for your work. Let’s do some conclusions:
- What was the topic of our lesson?
- What aspects were touched at our lesson?
- What was the new for you?
- Do you like this lesson or not? Why?
So, the lesson is over. You can be free.
I hope you’ve learned much and will use your knowledge of English in the future. Your marks for the lesson are …Your hometask is ex.78, 79, p.182. The lesson is over. You may be free.