- Good afternoon boys and girls!
- Sit down please.
2. Talking about duty?
- Who is on duty today?
What date is it today?
- What day is it today?
- Who is absent today?
3. Checking up of the home task:
- OK. Very nice! What was your home task?
- Are you ready boys and girls?
- Who wants to answer?
- Ok. Let me have a look at your copybooks.
The theme of our lesson is Australia. Today we shall read and introduce with new words and talk about Australia.
- Ok, boys and girls, look at the blackboard there are some new words. Listen to me and repeat after me, please.
Land - земля
Country - страна
Old - старый
Dry - сухой
Different - различный
Government - правительство
Continent - континент
Read and translate the following text into Russian language.
Australia is one of the oldest lands in the world. It is the sixth largest country in the world after Russia, Canada, China, the United States of America and Brazil. It’s located to the south of Equator , between the Pacific and Indian oceans. Australia is the flattest continent after Antarctica. It is also the world’s driest continent.
There are six different states in Australia: Western Australia, Queensland. New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia. There are also two territories: Northern Territory and Australian Capital Territory. Each Australian state has its own government and its own capital city. The state capitals are: Perth, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart and Adelaide Australia is a very urban. About 70 per cent of the population lives in the 10 largest cities. Australia’s national day on 26 January. Canberra is the capital of Australia. It is not the biggest city. Australia’s official language is English.
True (T) or false (F) ?
1. Sydney is the capital of Australia.(F)
2. Australia is one of the oldest lands in the world.(T)
3. It’s located to the south of Equator(T)
4. It is the seventh largest country in the world.(F)
5. Australia’s national day on 15 January.(F)
6. There are six different states in Australia.(T)
А теперь давайте послушаем гимн Австралии.
Сегодняшняя тема всем была понятна? Все поняли? Есть какие-нибудь вопросы?
1.What is the official name of Australia?
2.What is the capital of Australia?
3.Where is Australia located?
4. Australian’s national day - …
5.Name six different states in Australia.
6.Name two territories.
Open your diaries and write down the home task:
Выучить новые слова и привести 1
10 примеров косвенной речи.
- So, boys and girls I’ll give you marks. I want to evaluate your activities.
P1 – you are the best, who works hard today. Your English is good and I put you excellent.
P2 – you want to work industries, but you have some mistakes. I put you good mark.
- Stand up! The lesson is over!
- Good bye boys and girls!