Цель: систематизация и расширение знания по теме «Школа в Великобритании».
Задачи: Совершенствование навыков аудирования, монологической и диалогической речи, развивать познавательные способности учащихся, учить работать со страноведческим материалом.
Оборудование: видеофильм «School» ( «This is Britain», Level 1,Oxford University Press), карточки со словами и предметы, иллюстрирующие реалии английской жизни, для введения лексических единиц, раздаточный материал для выполнения заданий.
I. - Today we are going to talk about school in England. You’ve read a lot about school. What do you know about school in England?
- Would you like to learn more?
II. 1) - Today we are going to watch the video about the children who live in England. It is about the boy called Jamie and his typical day at his school.
- Look at the blackboard and make a word web. Write on the board what you could see in the video ( classroom, blackboard, timetable etc.).
Before you watch
2) Activity Sheet 1
- Look at the words on the first sheet.
1. Assembly. It is a meeting before classes. Every morning there is an assembly where the teacher tells the pupils about important events and at some schools the pupils sing a hymn (a religious song).
2. Swings. This word is known to you.
3. A lollipop lady. Look, this is a lollipop. Look at the sign the woman has in Picture 3. It looks like a lollipop. A person on duty in front of the school who helps children cross the road safely is a lollipop lady.
4. A canteen. It is a place at school where pupils and teachers can have meals (breakfast, lunch).
5. A letter box. When we want to send a letter we put it in the letter box.
6. A packed lunch. It is lunch carried in a bag or box to school (a sandwich, a piece of fruit, a packet of crisps and a drink).
7. Class registration. It takes every morning and after lunch. So the teacher can see who is present and who is absent.
3) While you watch (6:37)
- Watch the video and tick the things you see in the video clip about Jamie’s school.
- What pictures have you ticked? (1,3,4.6,7,8)
- Are there any differences between primary schools in England and your school?
III. Activity Sheet 2
- In England classes start in the morning and continue all day long. Watch the video and be ready to answer the questions.
1) - What time does school start? (8:50)
- What time is the first lesson? (9:30)
- What time is break? (10:30)
- What time is lunch? (12:15)
- What time is the first lesson in the afternoon? (1:15)
- What time does the school finish? (3:15)
- Look at the clocks and draw the time and then write. Say what you usually do at this time.
VI. Activity Sheet 3
Before you watch
- Look at Activity Sheet 3 and try to match the pictures 1 - 4 and phrases a - f. But first let’s read and translate the sentences. (Translation)
While you watch (6:37)
Watch the video and check the answers.
After you watch
- Were you right?
- What do you think the answer to each question could be? (Here you are. Yes, of course. Yes, what is it? It’s two o’clock).
VII. Activity Sheet 4
Look at Activity Sheet 4. All sentences about Jamie’s school are right. Read the sentences and decide if they are true for your school.
- What time does school start here?
- What time does school finish here? etc.
At home write about your school. Next to your story draw or stick a photo of your school.