The theme of the lesson: Environment and You.
The grammar theme: Modal verb: “should”
The aims of the lesson:
- To revise new vocabulary on the topic environment; to enrich pupil’s vocabulary;
- To develop the skills of speaking using the modal verb “should”;
- To bring up care for their country nature;
The type of the lesson: discussing;
The method of the lesson: demonstration, creative thinking strategies, answer-questions;
The aids of the lesson: using the new computer technology; slides with environmental problems;
Plan of the lesson:
I. Organization moment.
T:-Good morning pupils!
-How are you?
-I’m fine too. Sit down, please.
-Who is on duty today?
-What date is it today?
-What day of the week today?
-Who is absent?
II. Check up home task:
Your home was ex 9 p64 put the words from the box into each gap and learn by heart new topical words.
- The effects of his illness were strong: now he is not able to run and jump.
- The new conditions of animal’s life in the zoo effected their growth.
- He wished to preserve from all harm.
- The old school building in the centre of the town is in a good state of preservation a long time.
- Teacher’s good influence made him a better pupil than he was before.
- Do you know what influence him so badly?
- It is likely that they will come soon.
- Do you know how deal with a wounded bird?
- The coach of the school volley-ball team include two additional good players.
- Do your children depend on their parents?
- Do you think that the interaction of the pupils at the lesson helps them to study better?
III. Phonetic drill:
Many wonderful Things.
Many wonderful things to hear, to see
Belong to you, belong to me!
The sun, the trees, the grass, the sky
The yellow moon that’s passing by.
The blowing winds, the birds that sing
Bright autumn woods, gay flowers of spring,
The cold long winter with snow so white,
The running rivers, the stars of night.
IV. Presentation of new theme:
How do you associate the word “Environment”?
So, pupils Today we’ll continue the theme about Environment.
V. Reading the text:
Open at p66 Let’s read The text the environment and You.
VI. Work with the text:
1. Find the equivalents of these sentences from the text:
- The problem is how to protect and improve the environment.
- The world includes a great number of living things around us.
- Each depends on others in its surroundings.
- Ecologists study how to protect air, land and water and their interactions.
- They help us to preserve natural resources and protect the environment.
Ex 2 p67 Try to answer the following questions.
1.Should we cry for help to preserve animals and birds, to keep land and soils and water clean or do something for preservation and protection of the environment?
2. We don’t pollute environment. We protect the environment from harm.
3.We think the first action is to learn how to become an-environment-educated person.
4.The next step in solving the problem of environment education to study ecology because ecology is a science that deal with relationships living things have to each other and their environment.
5. Ecologists study how to protect air, land and water and their interactions.
So, pupils do you understand this text?
It’s about environment, it’s problems and it’s solutions.
Модальный глагол Should.
Модальный глагол Should - используется, чаще всего, для выражения рекомендации, совета или наставления. Также он может использоваться для выражения обязательства и вероятности .
We assured her that we should soon come back. – Мы убедили ее, что скоро вернемся.
It is important that I should say “yes”. – Важно, чтобы я сказал «да».
She demanded that I should apologize to her. – Она требовала, чтобы я извинился.
1.I should work hard to know English better.
2. You should get up early in the morning.
3. They should water their flowers every day.
4. They shouldn’t drink coca-cola because it is too expensive.
5.You shouldn’t do harm to the nature.
Write thinkwien to the word “Environment”
1 Noun (Environment).
- A sentence which include 4 words.
VIII. Home task
Ex8 p68 write in English the following sentences. Learn by heart the phonetic drill Many wonderful things.