№7 Module 5 Step 4 Travel
Learning objectives(s) that this lesson is contributing
1.L1 recognize short basic instructions for a limited range of classroom routines spoken slowly and distinctly
1.L3 recognize with support common names and names of places; recognize the spoken form of a limited range of everyday and classroom words
1.L4 recognize with support short basic questions about what something is
1.L5 recognize the sounds of phonemes and phoneme blends
1.S3 pronounce familiar words and expressions intelligibly
1.S5 use words in short exchanges
All learners will be able to:
• pronounce basic words and expressions intelligibly
• produce words in response to basic prompts
• recognize basic intonation distinguishing questions from statements
Most learners will be able to:
• Understand some questions how to get to school
• Respond appropriately to some yes/no questions
• Use some short form answers correctly
• Understand and follow instructions
Some learners will be able to:
• Produce the types of transport
Storytime «The Little Engine that could….»
Planned activities(replace the notes below with your planned activities)
а) Good morning!
Dear pupils and guests welcome to our open lesson!
Thank you, sit down.
II.What was your last lesson? Do you remember?
- You must recognize dialogue between trains. Please, who is ready?
Role play «The Little Engine that could …»
- I’ve got lots of toys.
- Please help me! I can’t move! I’ve got dolls and kites!
- Sorry, no!
- Please help me! I can’t move! I’ve got cars and bikes!
- Sorry, no!
- I can help you!
- Thank you!
- You must colour the trains.
- Repeat ten letters and say them examples.
Aa- apple Bb -ball Cc - cityDd -dollEe – egg Ff– fox Gg - grapesHh -house Ii – ice-creamJj -juice
III. How do you think what theme we have for today?Teacher asks the learners to identify today’s theme using pictures with mimics and gestures.
- What can you see in these pictures? -Teacher demonstrates and drills pronunciation for types of transport: bus,car,bike, school bus, tram, ship, [walking] train,using visuals and actions. - Teacher shows a word and then drills pronunciation with individual learners then whole class.
- Teacher demonstrates what learners have to do with a model question. Teacher then reads out each question about transport e.g. - Is this a bus? - repeating each question twice and learners answer : -Yes or No.
You can see in these pictures kinds of transport.And today’s new letters Kkand Ll
For example: Kite,kitten
II Dividing into subgroups using colourful cars.
1. red car
2. blue car
III Listen, please! The game ‘’Merry letters’’
W) Teacher projects visuals of different means of transport for each group. Teacher asks each learners of group to write the first letter of their name and stick it on transport they use. Each learner mustanswer the questions. Teacher then asks e.g. -Does Darkhangoes to travel by car? Learner give answer. No, Darkhan goes on foot.
-Kazbek goes by car.
- Nurasilgoes by bus.
Pictures & letters
Flashcards & Stickers