Task 1. Choose the correct answer of the verb:
1. Jim and Jill (likes, like) to fly a kite. 2. The bear (eat, eats) meat. 3. His brother (answers, answer) phone calls. 4. My sister and I (goes, go) shopping every weekend. 5. They (wants, want) to buy a new T-shirt and shorts. 6. My grandparents (visits, visit) us every Sunday. 7. Our friend (is, am, are) a good boy: on Saturdays he (do, does) the washing up and on Sundays he (cleans, clean) his room and (water, waters) the flowers. 8. His son (do, does) his homework first and only then he (goes, go) for a walk with friends. 9. Her mother (work, works) in a hospital and her father (am, is, are) a doctor, too. They (likes, like) their job. 10. My uncle (are, am, is) a baker. He (have, has) his own bakery.
Task 2. Make these sentences negative:
1. I can speak English. 2. My friends are students. 3. She answers phone calls every day. 4. My father works on weekend. 5. His friend and I play computer games. 6. My sister watches TV in the evening. 7. Her cat is small and nice. 8. They visit their granny every Sunday. 9. My mother is a doctor. 10. I do my homework in the evening.
Task 3. Ask questions:
1. Jim does his homework every day. 2. My friends visit us on Sundays. 3. She waters the flowers in the morning. 4. We like to play the guitar. 5. Jim and Jill go to the shop. They want to buy new clothes. 6. John’s brother likes to watch horror films. 7. Her boyfriend helps her to cook dinner. 8. You go shopping and buy a lot of food for breakfast.
Task 4. Answer the questions:
1. Does she speak German? 2. Do my friends go to school? 3. Is he a doctor? 4. Does his sister help him? 5. Are you a pupil? 6. Does he go to the country every month? 7. Is her daughter from Moscow? 8. Do they know my brother? 9. Am I a teacher? 10. Does he answer phone calls?
Task 1. Use the verbs in the Past Simple Tense:
Visit, answer, go, do, talk, buy, have, make, fly, want, like, jump, say, phone, use, fall, give, love, cook, put.
Task 2. Use the verbs in Present Simple:
Listened to, fell, did, flew, said, went, visited, jumped, wanted, talked, had, bought, got, were, cooked, made, put.
Task 3. Make the sentences negative:
1. I went to school yesterday. 2. My little brother had a birthday party two days ago. 3. We listened to music last evening. 4. An hour ago Jill answered the phone call. 5. We were in London last summer. 6. She did homework half an hour ago. 7. My parents cleaned the house three days ago.
Task 4. Ask questions and answer them:
1. Jim was in Moscow four days ago. 2. My sister asked a lot of questions. 3. Her uncle bought new socks for a baby. 4. They did homework yesterday. 5. She took her bag from the table. 6. There was a red pen on the desk. 7. We translated English texts a week ago. 8. Pupils drew funny pictures in the lesson.
Task 1. Use the verbs in Future Simple:
1. Jim and Jill like to fly a kite. 2. The bear eats meat. 3. His brother answers phone calls. 4. My sister and I go shopping every weekend. 5. They want to buy a new T-shirt and shorts. 6. My grandparents visit us every Sunday. 7. Our friend is a good boy: on Saturdays he does the washing up and on Sundays he cleans his room and waters the flowers. 8. His son does his homework first and only then he goes for a walk with friends. 9. Her mother works in a hospital and her father is a doctor, too. They like their job.
Task 2. Make the sentences negative:
1. I will speak English in two years. 2. My friends will be students next year. 3. She will answer phone calls tomorrow. 4. My father will work on weekend. 5. His friend and I will play computer games the day after tomorrow. 6. My sister will watch TV in the evening. 7. Her cat will be small and nice. 8. They will visit their granny next Sunday. 9. I will do my homework in the evening.
Task 3. Ask questions and answer them:
1. Jane will learn French next month. 2. She will spend a couple of days with her friends. 3. My mother will work in the hospital. 4. Jim’s brother will translate this text from English into Russian tomorrow. 5. I will meet my friend in an hour. 6. His mother will answer phone call in the evening because he won’t be in.
a) Use the verb in the correct tense:
1. My grandpa (go) shopping every day.
2. Tomorrow I (visit) my grandparents.
3. I (buy) some milk yesterday.
4. Did you (do) your homework two days ago? – Yes, I (do).
5. Jim and Jill (like) to fly a kite every summer.
6. An hour ago we (watch) a very interesting film.
7. Usually I (get up) at 7 o’clock.
8. My friends (go) to the forest yesterday and (look at) big trees near the river.
9. Her son and daughter (fly) to the USA next year.
10. We (meet) our friends in the street yesterday and (ask) them about our teacher who (be) in a hospital now.
b) Make these sentences negative:
1. We cooked breakfast yesterday because our mother was ill. 2. Jill will go to the country tomorrow. 3. An hour ago my sister played computer games. 4. She does her homework and then she goes for a walk with her dog. 5. They will live in the city next year. 6. I’m a student and I am at the University now. 7. His aunt speaks English, German and French. 8. Roman knows the story well so he can answer all the questions about it. 9. You translate the dialogue very well. 10. His new clothes were nice and suited him well so he wanted to buy one more T-shirt and a couple of jeans.
c) Translate the verbs into English and use them in Past, Present and Future Tenses:
1. говорить, покупать, видеть, навещать, хотеть, готовить, рисовать, брать, ходить, играть, падать, танцевать, переводить, говорить, летать, получать, иметь, отвечать, спрашивать, делать, давать, встречать (знакомиться).