Открытый урок по теме "Seasons of the Year. Weather"
1. Совершенствовать умения и навыки практического владения английским языком по данной теме по всем видам речевой деятельности: аудированию, говорению, чтению и письму.
2. Подготовить учащихся к созданию проекта "Welcome to My Town in Winter (Spring, Summer, Autumn)".
3. Воспитывать у учащихся любовь к родному краю.
4. Повысить интерес к изучению английского языка.
2. DVD проигрыватель
3. Диск с мультфильмами "Каникулы в Простоквашино", "Зима в Простоквашино".
4. Тематические картины с изображением времён года.
5. Карточки с заданиями для учащихся.
1. На внешней стороне доски написана тема урока, размещены тематические картины с изображением времён года, стихотворение для фонетической зарядки.
2. На внутренней стороне доски записаны лексические и грамматические упражнения.
Кузовлев В. П. и др. "English 6"
Филиппов В. Н. "Английский язык для 5 класса" (интенсивный курс)
1. Cообщение темы и целей урока.
2. Речевая зарядка.
3. Фонетическая зарядка.
4. Проверка домашнего задания.
5. Подготовка учащихся к созданию проекта "Welcome to My Town in Winter (Spring, Summer, Autumn)". Работа в микрогруппах: составление сообщений учащимися о временах года, погоде, деятельности людей. Выступления с подготовленными темами.
6. Динамическая пауза. Аудирование учащимися текста учителя.
7. Выполнение грамматических упражнений.
8. Выполнение лексических упражнений.
9. Подведение итогов урока.
I. Teacher: Dear boys and girls! I am very glad to see you at our lesson. Today we'll speak about many interesting things: your favourite seasons, weather, people's activities. During our lesson we'll be preparing for making a project "Welcome to My Town in Winter (Spring, Summer, Autumn)". Let's start. How are you?
P. 1: I am fine, thanks. And you?
Teacher: I am not well today. I think it's because of the weather. What is the weather like today?
P. 2: To my mind the weather is fine today. It is snowing hard and there is no wind.
II. Teacher: Let's watch a small piece of video. (The pupils watch some fragments from the cartoons “Holidays in Prostokvashino” and “Winter in Prostokvashino” and answer the teacher’s questions).
Teacher: What season is it?
P 1: It is winter.
Teacher: What are winter months?
P. 2: Winter months are December, January and February.
Teacher: What is the weather like in winter?
P. 3: I think it is cold, frosty and windy in winter.
Teacher: Do you like winter? Why?
P. 4: I like winter because I have winter holidays and I can ski, skate and play
Teacher: And what season is it?
P. 5: It is summer.
Teacher: What are summer months?
P. 6: Summer months are June, July and August.
Teacher: Is it cool or hot in summer?
P. 7: In our place it is hot in July; and in June and August it is warm.
Teacher: Is summer your favourite season? Why?
P. 8: Of course summer is my favourite season, because I can swim, go to a picnic and fish.
Teacher: And now have a look at these pictures, please. (The pupils look at the piсtures with different seasons. ) Get ready to answer my questions.
Teacher: Is it autumn or spring?
P. 1: It is autumn.
Teacher: Is it rainy or snowy in autumn?
P. 2: In September it is rainy but in October we can see the first snow.
Teacher: What colour are the leaves on the trees?
P. 3: The leaves are of different colours: yellow, red, brown and green.
Teacher: Where do all pupils go in autumn?
P. 4: After long summer holidays all pupils go to school.
Teacher: Is spring a fine season? Why do you think so?
P. 5: No doubt, spring is a fine season, it is so beautiful to see new leaves, grass and flowers.
Teacher: Is it wet or dry in spring?
P. 6: The snow is melting and so it is wet.
Teacher: What do the pupils do outside?
P. 7: They can play sports or cycle outside.
III. Teacher: Let's improve our pronounciation:
The snow is thick,
The snow is white.
It must have fallen all the night.
A summer day
Has rain or sun,
But other way
I find it fun.
IV. Teacher: Please, open your books. Let’s check up your homework. Read and translate the text, please. (ex 1, p 87, В. П. Кузовлев “English 6”)
V. Teacher: And now we are to prepare for making a project "Welcome to My Town in Winter(Spring,Summer,Autumn). But firstly, let’s play.
1. Teacher: Please, try to guess what season it is. (Pupils read the words on the blackboard and call the seasons. )
Words :1) warm clothing, below zero, storm, ice ;
2) wet, snowdrops, grass, birds ;
3) lie in the sun, sea, holidays, hot.
P 1: It' winter. P 2: It's spring. P 3: It's summer.
2. Teacher: Now we are to devide into three groups.
The first group will work using a plan. (Приложение 1)
The pupils of the second group will speak using questions. (Приложение 2)
And the pupils of the third one will complete the sentences given in the cards. (Приложение 3).
All the pupils should include into their stories two sentences with First Conditional,
for example: If the weather is sunny, we’ll go to the park.
Then two pupils from each group will tell their stories.
Pupil 1: My favourite season is winter. Winter months are December, January and February. There is much snow in winter, the weather is windy, frosty and cold in my town.
The temperature is below zero. The days are short and the nights are long. Children like to make snowmen and to play snowballs. Besides they enjoy skiing and skating. If the weather is fine they will go for a walk. If it is very cold they will stay at home.
VI. Teacher : I see you are tired, let's have a rest. Listen and do. (The pupils listen to the teacher's text and do exercises. ) (Приложение 4)
VII. Teacher: Let's do some grammar exercises.
1. Translate into English:
Cентябрь. Сыро. Идёт дождь. Ветрено. Буря. Ужасно.
P 1: It is September. P 2: It is wet. P 3: It is raining. P 4: It is windy. P 5: It is storm.
P 6: It is dreadful.
2. Put the verbs into the right form. (The pupils write the sentences in their exercise-books).
a) If the weather (be) fine we (go) to a picnic.
b) If it (be) very hot they (go) to the beach.
с) If I (have) time we (play) tennis.
d) If I (finish) my work I (go) for a walk.
e) We (watch) TV if my friends (come) to me.
f) They (stay) at home if there (be) foggy.
VIII. 1. Teacher : Now let's have a competition. Look at the blackboard. You can see two columns of words. The first column consists of nouns, the second one consists of adjectives. Make up as many word combinations as you can to use them in your projects.
P. 1: а cloudy sky; P. 2: a frosty day; P. 3: a wet weather; P. 4: a snowy winter …
2. Teacher : Look at the blackboard, please. (The pupils see the names of animals: a monkey, a frog, a giraffe, a cock).
Tell me what season they like and why.
For example: A polar bear likes winter because it is frosty.
P. 1: A monkey likes summer because it is warm.
P. 2: A frog likes autumn because it is rainy.
P. 3: A giraffe likes spring because it can eat green leaves.
P. 4: A cock likes summer because the sun shines brightly.
Teacher: But I think the cock likes winter because its New Year is coming. Let's greet it and sing a song "A Fir Was Born in Deep Wood" (The pupils sing a song. ) (Приложение 5)
IX. Teacher: Write down your homework, please. You should prepare a project "Welcome to My Town in Winter (Spring, Summer, Autumn).
X. Teacher: Did you enjoy the lesson?
P. : I think it was very interesting.
Teacher: We have spoken about many interesting things today. I hope you know much about seasons of the year. Thank you for your hard work. Your marks are …
1. Your favourite season.
3. Weather. Temperature.
5. People's activity.
1. What is your favourite season?
2. What are (winter, spring, summer, autumn) months?
3. Is it rainy or snowy in …
4. Is it cold or hot in … ?
5. Are the days long or short?
6. What do you usually do in … ?
7. What games do you usually like to play in?
Приложение 3 (Учащиеся аудируют текст и повторяют движения учителя).
You are walking along the street to school. You have a heavy bag in your left hand. The day is sunny, but frosty. Your nose and cheeks are cold. Suddenly you see a boy playing snowballs.
You put down your bag, pick up some snow, make up some snowballs and throw them at the boy – one, two, three. It's funny! But what about school?
You take your bag and quickly run to school. You open the door, come in, wave your friends "Hello!"
Oh, you are late. Join us, we are improving our phonetics. We'll recite the rhyme "Whether the weather… ", doing short sits when pronouncing the sound [w].
Сomplete the sentences
1. My favourite season is ….
2. (Winter, spring, summer, autumn) months are ….
3. It is (rainy, snowy, foggy) in ….
4. It is (cold, cool, warm) in ….
5. The weather is (dreadful, fine) ….
6. The days are (long, short).
7. I usually … in ….
8. I play … in ….
Fir – Tree (Учащиеся поют на мотив песни “В лесу родилась ёлочка”)
1. A fir was born in deep wood
And in the wood grew tall.
And there in seasons she stood
The greenest tree of all.
2. The snowstorms whispered lullabies,
And wrapped up all the trees.
She sang: "Now close your lovely eyes,
Make sure you don't freeze. "
3. The fir to our party's come,
And all this winter night
She brings such joy to everyone –
Oh, what a lovely sight.