Lesson: Date: Form: 9
The theme: Tours you will never forget.
The aims of the lesson:
- To enrich student's knowledge about our country and its sightseeing.
- To develop their abilities in reading, listening and understanding.
- To bring up students to be patriots of their country, to love their own national cultural heritages.
The type of the lesson: presentation
Methods of the lesson: explaining, question - answer
Visual aids: interactive board, pictures, cards, book
The procedure of the lesson
1. Org. moment
2. Warm - up
T: Today our lesson will be unusual. Have you ever been to Astana? I suppose you haven’t. Now you have such an opportunity. It’s the newest and most interesting city in the world. We know that there are many interesting and beautiful places.
- What can you say about Astana?
T: You are right! Every places are very interesting in Astana. Have you seen “Baiterek”? … No! … Have you seen “Duman”? … No! Today we are going travel to the entertainment “Duman”.
Astana is a new and modern city. There are a full of fantastic and amazing buildings wonderful parks and squares, marvelous entertainment centers here. One of them is entertainment center “Duman”. It the largest aquarium in the world. There we can see beautiful picturesque of sea world.
Let’s pay attention to the unknown words:
aquarium – океанариум
entertainment - ойын - сауық
inhabitant – мекендеуші
exhibition – көрме
diver – сүңгуір
feeding - тамақтану
underwater kingdom - су асты патшалығы
shark - акула
Duman - Entertainment Center in Astana
The Aquarium of the Entertainment Centre "Duman" is the first one over the world. There are more than 2, 000 of sea inhabitants of sea fauna from different parts of the world.
The Aquarium consists of the large main tank and two big exhibitions areas with eleven tanks of different sizes. The most interesting part of Aquarium is the main tank with 70 - meter long tunnel equipped with a moving walkway. In this underwater tunnel you will be able to walk on the seabed. In the first exhibition area there are inhabitants of the fresh waters of South America and South - Eastern Asia. You can see also specimen of ocean areas: starfish, hermit - crabs, lobsters, crabs.
In tanks of the second exhibition area there are inhabitants of sea horse, cow fish, Japanese box fish, fox facefish, dog fish and others.
In the main tank you will see the biggest inhabitants of the Aquarium: sharks, also bat fish and a lot of other fishes living.
The life of the Aquarium inhabitants is full of events. You will be able to watch the process of feeding. Twice a day our divers plunge [ ] into water in order to make a demonstration of enthralling, interesting and dangerous for them show, called "The sharks feeding ".
Aquarium is a dream come true for thousands of people to see a piece of sea and have a look at the underwater kingdom.
Task 1. Complete the sentences:
1. The Aquarium of the …. Centre "Duman" is the first one over the world.
2. The Aquarium consists of the large main tank and two big …. areas with eleven tanks of different sizes.
3. The life of the Aquarium … is full of events.
4. You will be able to watch the process of ….
5. Aquarium is a …. come true for thousands of people have a look at the underwater ….
Task 2. Match the following parts of the sentences.
1. In the first exhibition area there are inhabitants a) of the Aquarium: sharks, also bat fish and a lot of other fishes living.
2. There are more than 2, 000 of sea inhabitants b) of the fresh waters of South America and South - Eastern Asia.
3. In this underwater tunnel c) to see a piece of sea and have a look at the underwater kingdom.
4. You can see also specimen of d) you will be able to walk on the seabed.
5. In the main tank you will see the biggest inhabitants e) of sea fauna from different parts of the world.
6. Aquarium is a dream come true for thousands of people f) ocean areas: starfish, hermit - crabs, lobsters, crabs.
Our lesson is going to finish. Let’s make feedback of the lesson. I hope that you have enjoyed our tour of Duman entertainment center. And now I’d like to know your impressions of our lesson.
P1: It was great. We have learnt many interesting facts about Astana.
P2: I’ll try to know more about Astana.
P3: As for me it was interesting and useful to know the great Aquarium in our country.
P4: I suppose our trip was enjoyable.
P6: If I go to Astana I’ll know where to go and what to see.
P7: I liked our lesson because we improved our knowledge about Astana and "Duman" entertainment center.
T: Your homework for the next lesson will be:
a) to write your opinion about another places in Astana
You have worked very well today. Thank you. Goodbye.