The theme :House, flat, home
Aims: 1. To enrich pupils knowledge about house, flat, to introduce the new words
2.To develop pupils abilities in speaking, writing and reading on the theme.
3.To enrich their memory, attention and logical thinking
Type of lesson: combined lesson
Visual aids: slides, textbook, picture,cards
The procedure of the lesson
- Organization moment
-Good morning children?
-How are you?
b) A talk about on duty
-Who is on duty today?
-Who is absent today?.
c) A talk about the weather.
-What day is it today?
II. Look at the the words in the box. Match them to the pictures. Listen and repeat the words
an armchair a table a television a dishwasher
a washing machine a cooker a lamp a fire
a bed plates a carpet cupboards
a toilet table a calendar a clock a stereo
III. Check up the home task Ex. 9
IV. Presentation: Our theme in our lesson is “My flat”
1. Exercise-3 listen and repeat the words
a dining room
a living room, a toilet
2. Read the text and translate ex. 1
V. Guess what it is.
1. We have breakfast, dinner, supper there. We eat in it. What room is it?
2. We cook dinner, wash up dishes there. There is a cooker, a fridge, a dishwasher there.
There are plates, cups, cupboards there. What room is it?
3. There is a bed, a picture, a window, a toilet table in it. What room is it?
4. There is a sofa, a fire, a carpet, a TV set, an armchair in it. What room is it?
5. There is a computer, a desk, a chair, a lamp, a clock, a plant in it. What room is it?
6. There is a bath, a mirror, a sink a towel in it. What room is it?
VI.. Match the words in column A with B
To cook In the living room
To watch TV In the bath room
To take a shower In the kitchen
To watch flowers, trees In the dining room
To sleep In the sink
To wash up In the garden
To have dinner In the bedroom
VII. Which word is odd one out? Circle your answer.
1. house, flat, room, red, living room, kitchen
2. TV set, sofa, lamp, lion, table, fridge
3. day, week, month, moon, season, year
4. study, speak, learn, book, run, play
5. hot, rainy, windy, apple, cold, sunny
Exercise-8 Read and find the things in the picture above
This is a living room.
There is a sofa in the living room.
There is an armchair in the living room
There is a small table in the living room
There is a carpet on the floor
There is a mirror on the wall
There is a picture on the wall
There is a fire in the living room
IX. Put there is/ there are
1…… a room
XI.Conclusions and marks
XII.Home task Ex.10
The lesson is over. Good –bye children!