Short term plan
LESSON: 1 Unit 10.3C Healthy Habits
School:Leninskaya secondary school
Date: 24 th April
Teacher name:Kazbayeva R. Zh.
Learning objectives that this lesson is contributing to
Content 10.C1use speaking and listening skills to solve problems creatively and cooperatively in groups
Language 10.S7use appropriate subject-specific vocabulary and syntax to talk about a limited range of general topics, and some curricular topics
All learners will be able to:
- Understand with limited support the main points of extended talk on a range of general topics
- Understand most specific information and detail of supported extended talk on a range of general and curricular topics
- Give an opinion at sentence level on an increasing range of general and curricular topics
Most learners will be able to:
- Understand more complex supported questions on a growing range general and curricular topics
- Keep interaction going in longer exchanger on a range of general and curricular topics
- Organize and present information clearly to others
- Respect differing points of view
Some learners will be able to:
- Use talk as a means of reflecting on and exploring a range of perspectives on the world
- Communicate meaning clearly at sentence and discourse level during pair, group and whole class exchanges
In the previous unit, learners developed listening and speaking skills to solve problems creatively and cooperatively in groups while discussing Natural disasters
Answer the questions:
- Is sleeping important for the people?
- How much hours must the people sleep?
- What happens with the man who doesn’t sleep well?
https english hobby.ru
- First group give the reasons of longer life expectancy.
- Second group give the reasons of shorter modern life.
- These are suitable words for both groups.
- First group: environment was clear, people do much physical work, the quality of food and water was higher, people have more good health habits.
- Second group:pollution of environment, the sedentary life style, the quality of food and water is low, people have more bad health habits
Pieces of papers with suitable words
- Fill into the gaps:
- Sleep is an 1_____________ part of good health. It helps you to feel good, work 2________
- Even mild sleeping problems can make daily life more 3__________ and less 4___________
- Healthy adult need an average 5_______or _________hours of sleep.
- If you have 6__________ situations, problems with friends, family or have difficulty 7________facts, you are probably not getting enough sleeping.
- Stress is number 1 cause of 8______ and it lead to a serious illness problems.
- 9________disappears when the stressful situationpasses.But if it isn’t treated from the beginning, it can become 10____________.
- Suitable words:monotonous,productive,insomnia,seven or eight, concentrating, important, effectively, difficult, sleeping difficulties, continuous.
sheets of paperswith suitable words
Pieces of papers with pictures
- Listen to the text, then fulfill the association what kind of good or bad health habits from this text you can add to your associations?( obesity, skipping breakfast, eating between meals, snacking are bad health habits. Regularity, getting up early, eating breakfast, regular meals are good health habits )
www.educationworld.com pieces of paper with texts worksheets
- Do the task: true or false sentences, read them and say if they true or false.
- Obesity and physical inactivity are not dangerous for the health of our people.
- Eating between meals and skipping breakfast are good health habits.
- Sleeping too much and too little, snacking are the signs of dangerously chaotic life style.
- Regularity in life promotes health.
English vocabulary in use evaluation worksheets
- Interview parents, grandparents to find ways to be healthy. What advices did your parents give you?
Critical thinking activities open class ru
- During the lesson learners introduced with the new vocabulary, good and bad health habits how to help people who have an obesity, they developed listening and speaking skills, sharing ideas, thinking about others.
English vocabulary in use evaluation worksheets
Differentiation – how do you plan to give more support? How do you plan to challenge the more able learners?
Assessment – how are you planning to check learner’s learning?
Cross-curricular links Health and safety check ICT links Values links
- More support
- (15-21) Provide less able learners with the words written on a worksheet so they can listen and read.
- (21-28) Create mixed ability groups for discussion.
- More able learners:
- At start of lesson, they answer questions.
- (15-21) They share further facts about health habits.
- Films and TV programs
- Bad and good habits in our life
- CD listening
Use the space below to reflect on your lesson. Answer the most relevant questions from the box on the left about your lesson.
Were the lesson objectives/learning objectives realistic?
What did the learners learn today? What was the learning atmosphere like?
The lesson objectives were realistic, the learners learned new words, how to interview and find health problems and ways to be healthy, they listened to unknown text, understood it, fulfilled their associations about good and bad health habits. My planned differentiation worked well.
Did my planned differentiation work well? Did I stick timings? What changes did I make from my plan and why?
Learners were good/ very good/ excellent
What two things went really well (consider both teaching and leaning)
- Listening to and understanding different points of view, reading and understanding the text by the theme and familiar words, phrases;
- All learners took part in activities.
What two things would have improved the lesson (consider both teaching and learning)
- Using verbs in right form of the tense;
- Expressing opinions of each learner by the curricular topics in English without mistakes.