Class: 7 “А,Б”
Theme: Sports and games. Reflexive pronouns
a) educational: to explain the forming of the reflexive pronouns; to give some information about the popular sports and games in Britain.
b) developing: to develop pupils’ skills of reading, tidy writing, listening and speaking, their mental abilities.
c) cultural: to bring up pupils to respect each other, to be tidy, polite, responsible, to lead a healthy life.
The type of the lesson: mixed lesson
The kind of the lesson: mastering new material
Visual aid: an active board
The procedure of the lesson
I. Organization moment. a) greeting
Good morning, pupils! b) warm-up activity
The activity “Find the odd out”
1. Scotland, Wales, England, Canada, Northern Ireland.
2. football,, sailing basketball, hockey, golf.
3. jumping, boxing, rowing, tennis, boating.
c) asking the date
What date is it today?
d) checking up the attendance
Who is on duty today?
Who is absent?
e) distributing the evaluating papers
II. Checking up the homework
To learn the new words, write the translations of the words
boating – (?айы? спорты)
(rowing) – ескеспен есу спорты
invent – ойлап табу
develop – (дамыту)
probably – (м?мкін)
spread – (таралу)
widespread – (ке? тар?ан)
team – (топ, команда)
compete – (жарысу)
competition – (жарыс)
lawn – (к?гал)
to hold a competition – (жарыс ?йымдастыру)
ІІІ. Presentation of the new lesson
a) the activity “What’s in my mind?”
Pupils, you must guess the new theme of the lesson. This activity is called “What’s in my mind?”.
1. It has 5 letters. Rowing, sailing, swimming, boxing are its kinds. What word is it? – sport
2. It has 3 letters. It is a conjunction. It is used to connect the words. What conjunction is it? – and
3. It has 4 letters. We play it and basketball, football, volleyball are its kinds. What word is in my mind? – game
The theme of our today’s lesson is “Sports and games”. The grammar theme of the lesson is “Reflexive pronouns”
b) explanation of the new grammar
Reflexive pronouns (?здік есімдіктер)
?здік есімдігіне ?рт?рлі т?л?ада?ы ?з деген бір с?з ?ана жатады. А?ылшын тілінде ?здік есімдіктер т?уелдік есімдіктерге, батыс септігінде т?р?ан жіктік есімдіктеріне жекеше т?рде (my, your, him, her, it) -self, к?пше т?рде (our, your, them) –selves элементтеріні? жал?ануы ар?ылы жасалады:
Жекеше т?р К?пше т?р
I saw it myself. – Мен м?ны ?зім к?рдім. Do it yourself! – М?ны ?зі? жаса!
Do it yourselves! –М?ны ?здері? жаса?дар!
IV. Level tasks
The first level. Task 1. The activity is called “Segmented sentences”. You must find the right order of the words and make up correct sentences.
1. myself/ angry/ I/ with/am – I am angry with myself
2. in/ looked/ Sue/ herself/ at/ mirror/ the. – Sue looked at herself in the mirror.
3. did/ his/ Tom/ himself/ homework. – Tom did his homework himself
4. and/ Julian/ laughed/ themselves/ Kate/ at. – Julian and Kate laughed at themselves.
5. cut/ yourself/ don’t/ ! – Don’t cut yourselves
6. children/ wash up/ always /the – The children always wash up themselves
7. Sam/Bob/ but/ small/ are/ and/ always/ they/ to/ write/ their/ letters/ themselves/ grandparents – Sam and Bob are small but they always write letters to their grandparents themselves.
The second level. Task 2. Complete the sentences using the reflexive pronouns.
1. Be careful. Don’t burn_________. (yourself)
2. Betty never thinks about other people, she only thinks about ________. (herself)
3. When we are alone we sometimes talk to __________. (ourselves)
4. He fell off his bike but didn’t hurt ____________. (himself)
5. Fred and Sam! When you ride your bikes, be careful and look after _________. (yourselves)
6. Liz always cooks__________. (herself)
7. Janet always cleans the carpet with the vacuum cleaner _____________. (herself)
The third level. Task 3. Make up sentences using the reflexive pronouns.
for example: I did it myself. Colin never turns on TV himself. etc.