Открытый урок в 5-м классе по учебнику Афанасьевой О.В., Михеевой И.В. "Английский язык. 5-й класс"
Познавательная: знакомство с понятием “здоровье”, с факторами, влияющими на здоровье человека, на качество его жизни.
Развивающая: развитие способности к сравнению, обобщению.
Воспитательная: формирование значимости здорового образа жизни, осознание, что понятие “здоровье” включает физическое, психическое, нравственное и социальное здоровье.
- Совершенствование речевых навыков.
- Сопутствующая задача: развитие умения говорить на основе прочитанного.
Речевой материал: материал цикла.
Форма урока: групповая.
Оборудование: проектор, магнитофон, CD c электронной презентацией, экран.
1. Организационный момент. Введение учащихся в языковую среду.
T: Good-morning, dear students. How are you?
I think you are fine. Let’s get started. The topic of our lesson is….
Оh,I am awfully sorry. I’m not well today. Oh, my head, my tummy ! I have a terrible backache. I have a high blood pressure.
Oh, my heart…I’d like to enjoy life, smile, laugh, be happy. What do you think I need?
T. (smiling): You are right, children. We need health to enjoy life. Let’s decipher this word “health “.
P1: How to alter our life to be healthy.
T.: So the topic of our lesson is “A Healthy Lifestyle“. Look at the sayings and say which is the best saying for the motto of the lesson.
P 2: The best motto for the lesson is “Health is a Gift of Fate “.
T.: You are my echo. Say some proverbs about health after me. (Режим работы T-Cl)
Good health is above wealth.
Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
Never say die.
A sound mind in a sound body.
What can be cured must be endured.
Give Russian equivalents to these proverbs.
T.: And what is wellness in your understanding? Work individually and put down the definitions to the word “wellness”. Then work in pairs. Add some missing definitions to this word. Make up the list of the definitions to this word. Complete this thought, make it more precise:
Wellness is a particular way to live and be happy….
Wellness is freedom from disease.
Wellness is a physical development of a person.
Wellness is a healthy lifestyle.
Wellness is building relationships with other people.
Wellness is keeping life in balance.
T: What spheres of human life does wellness deal with? Look at the drawing!
P1: It deals with different spheres of man’s life. They are psychical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social.
T.: And what does the word “health“ mean? Will you match the definitions and the words characterizing the types of health?
Учащимся предлагается подобрать на карточках определения к понятиям:
- physical health;
- mental health;
- social heath.
(Каждой группе предоставляется возможность высказаться.)
Physical health – is a condition of your body.
Mental health - is the way you feel about yourself and how you handle your problems.
Social health – is the way you build your relationships and establish contacts with people.
T.: In the past being healthy meant not to be sick. Today people are becoming aware of a more complete idea of health. Look at the table “Healthy Living Guide“ and interview your classmates:
- Why is it important to be healthy?
- What is a healthy lifetime?
- What you should do to keep fit?
- What should you eat for good health?
After the interview make reports on the topics:
- The importance of being healthy.
- A healthy lifetime.
- How to keep fit.
- How to be in good health.
II. Развитие речевых умений.
T.: You should keep a healthy lifestyle. Say what is healthy or unhealthy:
Put the following phrases into the correct box below and then do the task:
plenty of fresh air
lots of sugar
a lot of stress at work
too much alcohol
too much salt
T.: Now I’d like you to solve lifestyle problems. Give pieces of advice. Work in pairs.
1. My hair always feels lifeless and oily. If I wash it in the morning, I need to wash it again when I come home from school. And I can’t seem to get rid of the spots on my face.
2. If I buy a pair of trousers, they don’t fit me after a couple of months. So now I buy all my trousers one size too big. That way they last twice as long.
3. I get really breathless if I go upstairs nowadays. I used to be able to run up stairs. Now I have to stop halfway and have a rest.
4. When I come home from school, the first thing I do every day is one big piece of a cake. It’s the only thing I can relax.
(Каждая группа выдает свой совет. Лучший совет удостаивается приза)
T.: Look at the following text and put the phrases in colour into the correct list below:
My Mum’s is in really good shape. She goes to the gym twice a week and plays tennis on Sundays.
My Dad, on the other hand, is really unfit. He spends all day in front of the TV-he gets out of breath as he has to get up to answer the phone.
My sister’s a swimming instructor. As you can imagine, she is as fit as a fiddle, but my brother.
Who used to play rugby every weekend, has let himself get really out of condition-he must have put on twenty kilos in the last two years. Finally, there is my granddad. He’s nearly 80 but he’s got lots of energy. He plays golf three times a week and jogs round the park on the other days.
fit and healthy
T.: Let's make up Health Code. Here are some cards. Insert should or shoudn’t:
- You. drink hot milk and honey.
- You. eat junk food.
- You. sleep 8 hours a day.
- You. get wet in rainy weather.
- You. do morning exercises.
- You. walk too much in cold weather.
- You. drink cold water.
- You. air the room.
- You. consult a doctor every 3 months.
- You. drink much coffee.
- You. eat a lot of sweets (salt).
- You. watch TV too much.
T.: You have already known some rules to keep fit, haven’t you? Open your books at page 225. Read the dialogue between Steve and David and say which of them is fit. (Учащиеся читают текст в течение нескольких минут, затем дают ответ на вопрос.)
T.: Which of them is fit?
P.: Steve is fit.
T.: Read the story again and do the test on p.226. (Учащиеся выполняют тест самостоятельно, затем один из учеников записывает ответы на доске, которые проверяются остальными учащимися.)
(Ключи: 1a, 2a, 3d, 4b, 5b, 6b)
T.: Who said these words?
1) You really look healthy. (David)
2) My legs don’t hurt and my arms don’t hurt either. (Steve)
3) I like dairy products-milk, cream, sour cream and cottage cheese. (Steve)
4) Do you take regular exercises? (David)
5) My work keeps me busy. (Steve)
6) Do you go in for any winter sport? (David)
7) No jogging or playing indoor games. (Steve)
Teacher: Let’s make up some rules to keep fit.
P 1,2,3: Get up early and go to bed early to keep fit.
Take regular exercises to keep fit (еtc.).
Подведение итогов урока. Домашнее задание.
T.: I think you have learned a lot of different recommendations about how to be fit. Let’s take part in the conference “Health is Above Wealth “. You should report on the following topics:
"’When a man loses his health, then he first begins to take care of it". (Josh Billings)
"’Health of body and mind is a great blessing if we can bear it". (J. H. C. Newman)
"He who has health has hope and he who has hope has everything". (Arab proverb)