Make the sentences passive:
Example: We buy fruit in shops. – Fruit is bought in shops.
- They built a lot of beautiful shops nowadays.
- We wash dishes twice a day.
- We bake cookies every Sunday.
- They make cream from milk.
- In our office they report new information every morning.
- They speak different languages in this publishing house.
- You spell this word incorrectly.
- They always turn off the TV after 9 p.m.
Make the right sentences:
- the, book, paper, of, made, is.
- made, bread, the, is, from, flour.
- what, spoken, is, language, Spain, in.
- eaten, for, what, usually, lunch, is.
- shown, TV, today, is, what, on.
- already, read, newspaper, the, is.
- now, already, is, the, bank, built.
- the, written, letter, already, is.
Transfer the following sentences using the passive voice.
1. They didn’t read the book last term.
2. We didn’t see the film yesterday.
3. I didn’t make the report last Friday.
4. The mother didn’t cook dinner yesterday.
5. The hunter didn’t kill the wolf.
6. The girl didn’t meet her friends at the station.
7. They sent several fresh newspapers to us.
8. They cut down forests all over the world.
9. Factories pollute air in big cities.
10. They protected wild animals in the north of the country.
Find the sentences in the Passive Voice. Write them down.
1. Our classmate was ill. The doctor came earlier than he was expected.
2. Do you know the American actor who was sent for. He is visiting our town at the moment? He was seen by lots of people in the streets.
3. My elder brother is a student.
4. We were asked to stay after lessons.
5. He was offered a job but he refused.
6. Our teacher wanted to tell us some important news.
7. It was not the kind of job he wanted.
Express the same using the Passive Voice.
- I took that photo yesterday.
- The weathermen forecast weather every day.
- They speak English in America.
- My mum bought that book about extinct animals.
- Fire damaged the house.
Put the verbs given in brackets in Present Simple Passive:
1. The post office … … on Sunday. (close)
2. This day … … in most countries. (celebrate)
3. My bag … … by my son. (bring)
4. His stories … … abroad. (read)
5. This salad … … of bananas. (make)
6. This pen … ….by this man. (break)
Put the sentences into the passive voice:
- He has never seen a dodo in his life.
- Man destroys different species of animals every year.
- People damage plants and trees in the forests.
- You can use this paper to write a letter to your friend.
- They produce cardboard from wood at this factory.
- People use wood to produce furniture of different kinds.
- We must recover our forest after the fire.
- Such actions can destroy all species of fish in this lake.