Grade: 8 а-б
The theme: KAZAKHSTAN: GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION
1) To enrich their knowledge concerning the theme, on the new words, to practice its pronunciation and teach them to use the words in their speech.
2) To enrich pupils interest to the new material to develop.
Their speaking and thinking abilities to consolidate the
Material with asking and answering the questions, to
Develop their memory on the learning English words.
3) To raiser their interest to the English language widing.
Sky of golden Sun,
Steppe of golden seed,
Legend of courage —
Take a look at my country!
(from the “Kazakhstan Hymn” — the English version)
Good morning girl’s and boy’s!How are you?I’m glad to see you!Who is on duty today?
What month is it now?What season is it now?What date is it today?Who is absent?Thank you!Sit down please!
Today we are going to learn new theme, to learn new words, to do some exercise, to checking up your home work, answer the question, read and translate, work in groups.
To checking up home work:
What was your home work?Are you ready?.
Do you understand me?Well, let’s begin!
Nice of you!Thank you!Sit down please!
Presentation new theme:
Teacher introduces the pupils with the theme and aims of the lesson.
The school year has just begun. You will learn many things this year. We wish you success!
I. Warm-up activity
1. Answer the questions.
- What is your name?
- Where are you from?
- Where do you and your family live?
- Where and with whom did you spend your summer vacations?
- What do you know about your country?
- What places of interest in Astana and Almaty do you know?
- Practise reading and saying the words.
Kazakhstan, China, Russia, Turkmenistan,
Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, the Caspian Sea,
The South West, Syrdarya, Zaisan,
Balkhash, the Urals, Tengiz, Alakol
- Read and learn the proverbs and sayings.
Give corresponding proverbs in your native language:
- There is no place like home.
- East or West, home is best.
- Home is where one starts from. (T.S.Eliot)
Ш 4. Look at the map and read the text for information about your country.
Kazakhstan: geographical location
Kazakhstan is the largest State in the Central Asia. Kazakhstan borders on China, Russia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Kirgizia. There is a long border coast line on the Caspian Sea in the Southwest.
The area of Kazakhstan is 2.753.000 square kilometers. Its population is about 16 million. The population lives mostly in towns and cities and large villages. The largest cities are Almaty, Astana, Karaganda, Shymkent and Pavlodar. Astana is the capital of the Republic. Astana is situated in the central part of the country.
There are 11000 rivers and streams, more than 7000 lakes in Kazakhstan. The four rivers are the main resources of water in the country. They are: Irtysh in the east, Syrdarya in the southwest, Ili in the southeast and ural in the northwest of the country. The largest lakes are Ralkhash, Zaisan, Alakol and Tengis. The flora and fauna of the country are different: the forest-steppe, steppe, deserts and semi-deserts. They depend on the climate of the zone: they are richer in the south and poorer in the north.
5. Answer the questions.
- Where is the Republic of Kazakhstan situated?
- What is the size of the area of Kazakhstan?
- What can you say about the population of the Republic?
- What is the capital of the Republic?
- Where is it situated?
fv) 6. Look at the map of Kazakhstan and say what states Kazakhstan borders on.
7. Read the text once more and find the description of the geography of the country. What can you add to this?
- Grammar: Cardinal Numerals
- When words like hundred, thousand, and million come after a number, they are used in the singular form:
- The area of Kazakhstan is 2.753.000 (two million seven hundred fifty three square kilometers).
The population is about 16 million (sixteen million).
- There are 11000 rivers (eleven thousand rivers) in Kazakhstan.
- Read the following' correctly.
3 million books; 5 thousand lakes; 700 students.