Grade: 8 “AB”
Schools in Great Britain
The aims of the lesson
- Enrich pupil’s knowledge on the theme “Schools in Great Britain”;
- Develop student’s memory,thinking, listening, writing, reading, speaking abilities;
- Enhance their respect for education
- Individual and group work
- Individual and group feedback.
The expected result
- They will know and use the terms that are connected with “Schools in Great Britain”;
- They will be able to pronounce and speak on the theme
- Schools in Great Britain”;
- They will be able to work individually and in group.
The main idea
- Create “Wordbank” based on the theme ““Schools in Great Britain”;
- Pronunciation: pronounce and learn vocabulary
- Working out: understanding the implication of a word and word combinations and reply.
Connection of the subjects:
English, geography, history, kazakh, music
The interactive board, slides, a textbook, cards with tasks, video film
Write an Essay “My school”
TEACHER’S NOTES ABOUT THE LESSON (WHAT WILL TEACHER AND STUDENTS DO DURING THE LESSON?)
I. Organization moment
a. Divide the class two groups
c. Checking up the homework: Learn new words and write an essay on the theme “The school on my dream”
Answer the questions
1. Do you go to school?
2. Do you like school?
3. Do you like school uniform?
4. Is your school far from your house?
5. How do you get to school?
6. What school subjects do you know?
7.What foreign language do you study at school
8. What is your favorite subject?
9. What types of schools do you know?
T-2: Match the sentences:
1. Primary schools a) where they learn first steps in reading, writing and using numbers.
2. Infant schools b) want to develop talents of each individual child.
3. Junior schools c) consists of a reception class, infant school and junior school.
4. Comprehensive schools d) pupils spend 5 years.
5. Private schools e)
6. Boarding schools
T: We are going to watch he film about Schools in Great Britain. Before we watch the film, let’s revise some lexical material and divide the words into 3 columns, please.
Primary, French independent, geography, netball, history, secondary, badminton, science, football, state, literature, religion, rugby, boarding, Information technology, Spanish, Italian
Types of schools
Listening (о?ушылар а?ылшын мектептері туралы м?тінді ты?дайды)
T: Let’s talk about English schools
Hot chair (Ысты? орынды?)
Answer the questions
1. What kind of English schools you will choose if you live in London?
2. What subjects would you like to choose?
3. What art are you fond of?
4. What kind of music do you prefer?
5. What English sport game you are interested in?
Look at your lists and tick if the sentence is true
a) most children start primary school at the age of seven.
b) about 20% of 18 year olds go to universities.
c) at most schools students wear uniforms.\
d) There are about 22 students in secondary school class.
e) Students begin learning a foreign language at 15.
f) All students have music lessons.
g) Most parents of Great Britain pay for there children’s education.
h) All children stay at secondary school at the age of 17.
Say in English
1. ?лыбританияда міндетті білім бес жастан басталады.
2. Балалар жеті жас?а келгенде бастауыш мектепке барады.
3. Балалар мектепке д?йсенбі – ж?ма аралы?ында барады, саба? са?ат 9-да басталады.
4. 16 жас?а келгенде, емтихан тапсыр?аннан кейін о?ушыларды? 30% -ы мектептен кетеді.
5. Британ о?ушыларыны? к?бі 11 жастан бастап бір шеттілін о?иды, оларды? к?бі Француз тілін о?иды.
Assessment: Traffic light
Re What emotions do you feel?
* I feel….
* Positive emotions
* Negative emotions
* Because I ….
* was not bored, worked hard, didn’t relax, answered properly, was active, was emotional, fulfilled the task, received a good mark