УМК: М. З. Биболетова, Н. Н. Трубанева. Английский язык: Английский с удовольствием/Enjoy English: Учебник для 8 кл. общеобраз. учрежд.- Обнинск: Титул, 2009. -160 с.: ил.
-актуализация лексических единиц по теме: «Праздники»;
-совершенствование умений монологической речи по теме: «Праздники»;
-развитие умений письменной речи;
-совершенствование умений изучающего чтения.
-развитие памяти, мышления и языковой догадки.
-воспитание уважение к культуре, истории, традициям и обычаям страны изучаемого языка.
-расширение филологического и культурологического кругозора.
Оборудование: Учебник “Enjoy English-8”(автор Биболетова М.З. и др.), плакаты по теме “Праздники и обычаи страны изучаемого языка», раздаточный материал (карточки для выполнения заданий).
I. Организационный момент.
1. Приветствие. Сообщение целей урока.
T: Good morning, children! I’m glad to see you.
Today we will speak with you about the most famous holidays and customs of Great Britain, the USA and try to compare them with Russian ones.
That's why we are going to know more about traditions of holidays in both countries. We also revise lexical and grammar structures. I hope that it will be interesting for you during our lesson.
P: Good morning, our teacher. We are glad to see you too.
II. Основной этап урока.
1. Фонетическая зарядка.
T: We’ll start from warming-up.
We can't say: "we know English", if we don’t know English traditions. So we can’t say we know own country if we don’t keep them up.
Well, I'm sure that you like poems. Please, look at the blackboard and first listen, then repeat after me.
Will you guess what holidays are they?
1. We are glad and very gay.
We all dance and sing and say:
“Merry, merry, ---------Day!”
2. Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.
The first one said: "It's getting late!"
3. This is the season
When children ski,
And old Father Frost
Brings the --------Tree!
2. Речевая разминка. Совершенствование грамматических навыков по теме «Порядковые числительные и даты». Актуализация лексических единиц по теме «Британские Праздники».
T: Now, pupils, I’ll give you cards with the names of the holidays and the dates when they are celebrated. You should match two columns. You can use the Linguistic and Cultural Guide if it’s necessary.
Christmas in Great Britain
The 14th of February
St Valentine’s Day
The 1st of July
The 9th of May
The 25th of December
Independence Day in the USA
The 7th of January
Christmas in Russia
The 12th of June
The 26th of January
Independence Day in Russia
The 4th of July
T: Your time is up. Let’s check up the task and repeat the numerals all together.
3. Составление диалогов по теме «Праздники в России и в англоязычных странах».
T: Well, open your books at page 104, exercise 44. Ask each other about the dates and countries (Great Britain, The USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Russia.). Use the example.
• When and where is …celebrated?
• Christmas is celebrated on the …in Britain, in the USA, in Canada, in Australia and in New Zealand.
4. Выполнение письменного упражнения.
T: Look at the blackboard again and read. Write down where do people celebrate these holidays and have these traditions?
• People cook pancakes and eat them with honey, butter and caviar.
• People colour eggs and present them as a symbol of endless life.
• People celebrate birthdays and sing “Happy Birthday to you”.
• People organize wedding parties.
• People organize military parades when they celebrate Victory day.
• People say “Good day” when they meet.
• Men usually give flowers to women.
• Children put their stockings near the bed and find presents in the morning.
• People decorate the New Year Tree.
• People celebrate Mother’s Day.
• People eat turkey and a pumpkin pie when they celebrate Thanksgiving Day.
1. In Russia. 2. In G.B. 3. In the USA. 4. In all the mentioned countries.
5. Составление монологического высказывания.
T: You know that people like to celebrate holidays all over the world. Nowadays different people celebrate different holidays: public, national, religious and family. I’ll give you cards with the questions and with the example.
1. What about you families?
2. What are the most favourite holidays in your family?
3. What holidays do you prefer to celebrate?
4 4. How do you celebrate holidays?
We celebrate New Year, Christmas, Easter, Victory Day, Birthdays and Wedding.
First, we invite friends. Then we clean and decorate our house. Usually Mummy prepare holiday dinner with tasty dishes: different salads, cakes, fruit and so on. Guests bring a lot of presents. We sing songs, play games, dance and we have a good time together.
6. Чтение текста «Holidays in Great Britain».
T: Now we are going to read a text about a British family holiday. But before reading look at the pictures on the blackboard. What do you think the text will be about? Well, let’s read and find out if you are right. You can also see some new words and word combinations before the text which help you to understand the text.
- public holidays- выходные дни
- Boxing Day-День подарков
- Good Friday-Страстная пятница
- Easter Monday-Пасхальный понедельник
- Spring Bank Holiday-праздник Весны
- Summer Bank Holiday-праздник Лета
- hold a carol service-проводят торжественные службы
- Christmas pudding- Рождественский пудинг
There are fewer public holidays in Great Britain than in other European countries. They are: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, May Day, Spring Bank Holiday and Summer Bank Holiday. Public holidays in Britain are called bank holidays, because the banks as well as most of the offices and shops are closed.
The most popular holiday is Christmas. Every year the people of Norway give the city of London a present. It's a big Christmas tree and it stands in Trafalgar Square. Central streets are beautifully decorated.
Before Christmas, groups of singers go from house to house. They collect money for charity and sing carols, traditional Christmas songs. Many churches hold a carol service on the Sunday before Christmas.
The fun starts the night before, on the 24th of December. Traditionally this is the day when people decorate their trees. Children hang stockings at the end of their beds, hoping that Father Christmas will come down the chimney during the night and fill them with toys and sweets. Christmas is a family holiday. Relatives usually meet for the big Christmas dinner of turkey and Christmas pudding. And everyone gives and receives presents. The 26th of December, Boxing Day, is an extra holiday after Christmas Day. This is the time to visit friends and relatives or perhaps sit at home and watch football.
T: Well done. Now let’s do some exercises.
The first one is «True or False». Correct false sentences.
1. There are more public holidays in Great Britain than in other European countries.
2. The most popular holiday is Christmas.
3. Every year the people of Finland give the city of London a present.
4. The fun starts the night before, on the 22nd of December
5. Christmas is a family holiday.
6. The 26th of December, New Year’s Day, is an extra holiday after Christmas Day.
T: The second one is to arrange the following sentences in the correct order.
1. Before Christmas, groups of singers go from house to house.
2. The fun starts the night before, on the 24th of December.
3. They collect money for charity and sing carols, traditional Christmas songs.
4. Relatives usually meet for the big Christmas dinner of turkey and Christmas pudding.
5. The most popular holiday is Christmas.
6. Many churches hold a carol service on the Sunday before Christmas.
7. And everyone gives and receives presents.
III. Заключительный этап урока: подведение итогов; оценивание учащихся; домашнее задание.T: Thank you for your excellent work. Everybody has worked well. You were active. Open your diaries and write down your home task for the next lesson: ex.19, p.111.