How do you get to school?
THEME: How do you get to school?
1. EDUCATIONAL: To enrich students knowledge on the theme; to widen their vocabulary through doing different tasks;.
2. DEVELOPMENTAL: To develop student’s skills in oral speech; to develop student’s writing, reading and speaking abilities through giving several tasks; to improve their mental and critical thinking.
3. CULTURAL: To bring up students to respect and love foreign language.
VISUAL AIDS: a text, cards, different tasks on the sheets, pictures of transports, a tape - recorder, grammar table
THE PROCEDURE OF THE LESSON:
I. ORGANIZATION MOMENT:
- Good afternoon, dear children!
- How are you?
- Who is on duty today?
- Who is absent today?
- What is the date today?
- What day is it today?
- What was your home task?
II. CHECKING UP THE HOMETASK:
COMPLETE THE DIAGRAM
2. Answer for my question.
What should you do to keep fit?
3. What kind of proverbs do you know about health?
An apple a day keeps a doctor away
Health is above the wealth
A sound mind is in a sound body
Early to bed, early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
III. LET US SOLVE THE PUZZLE AND YOU’LL SEE A TITLE OF THE THEME.
TO SCHOOL GET DO HOW YOU?
HOW DO YOU GET TO SCHOOL?
• CAR - МАШИНА
• PLANE - ?ША?
• TRAIN - ПОЙЫЗ
• HELICOPTER - ТІК?ША?
• BUS - АВТОБУС
• SHIP - КЕМЕ
• BOAT - ?АЙЫ?
• WALK - ЖАЯУ Ж?РУ(БАРУ)
IV. MATCH THE PICTURES WITH THE WORDS
V. NOW, DIVIDE THESE TRANSPORTS INTO PUBLIC AND PRIVATE TRANSPORT:
PUBLIC --- PRIVATE
A TRAM --- A CAR
VI. PAIR WORK:
In pairs ask and answer the questions.
Model: How do you get to school? — by bus.
• How do you get to shop? - walk
• 1. How do you get to shop?
2. How do you get to school?
Position of adverbs
• ?стеулерді? с?йлемдегі орын т?ртібі
?стеулер: never, ever, always, usually, often, seldom, just, rarely, nearly, almost с?йлемде негізгі етістікті? алдында келеді. She never eats bananas.
Егер с?йлемде to be етістігі бар болса, ?стеу to be етістігінен кейін келеді.
He is always late to school.
Put the adverbs into the correct place
• 1. I have come from school just
• 2. He eats chocolates rarely
• 3. I can understand him always
• 4. The teacher comes late never
VIII. LISTEN TO THE TEXT: PUPILS LISTEN TO THE TEXT FROM TAPE RECORDER
My name is Alice. I live in Paris. I usually get to school by bicycle in summer and by bus in winter and sometimes I get to school by car. My best friend and I often walk to her house. My granny doesn't live in Paris and we get to her house by car or by train. I love the big shops in the centre of Paris and always get there by bus. It's easier.
TRUE OR FALSE?
1. She gets to school by bicycle in summer.
2. Her granny lives in Paris.
3. She walks to her granny’s house
4. She gets to the shops by bus.
FIND THE ADVERBS FROM THE TEXT.
Exercise 6 and write a topic