Grade: 8 а-б
The theme ALMATY, ITS PLACES OF INTEREST
1) To enrich their knowledge concerning the theme, on the new words, to practice its pronunciation and teach them to use the words in their speech.
2) To enrich pupils interest to the new material to develop.
Their speaking and thinking abilities to consolidate the
Material with asking and answering the questions, to
Develop their memory on the learning English words.
3) To raiser their interest to the English language widing.
Good morning girl’s and boy’s!How are you?I’m glad to see you!Who is on duty today?
What month is it now?What season is it now?What date is it today?Who is absent?Thank you!Sit down please!
Today we are going to learn new theme, to learn new words, to do some exercise, to checking up your home work, answer the question, read and translate, work in groups.
To checking up home work:
What was your home work?Are you ready?.
Do you understand me?Well, let’s begin!
Nice of you!Thank you!Sit down please!
Presentation new theme:
Teacher introduces the pupils with the theme and aims of the lesson.
ALMATY, ITS PLACES OF INTEREST
Warm up activities Do you know that.
- the word “Almaty” in the Kazakh language means “grown with apple trees”.
- Almaty is located in the area of extensive earthquakes and mudsl ides.
- the 7-th Winter Asian games were held in Astana and Almaty in 2011?
Read the text about Almaty and say where Almaty is situated.Almaty
The city is situated at the height of 700—900 m above the sea level. Its territory is 250 sq. km, its population is 1.3 million people.
The most important places of interest are sport complex “Medeo”, skiing centre “Chimbulak”, various museums and theatres. Almaty is the place of the National Academy of Sciences, universities, higher educational establishments, hundreds of secondary schools.
In 1997 in connection with the transfer of the capital to Astana, Almaty got the particular status of political, financial, economic, scientific and cultural centre of the state. Almaty is a real pearl of Kazakhstan. It is one of the centres of the international tourism and one of the attractive cities in the Euro-Asian continent.
Modern Almaty is a sport centre. Almaty won the international recognition thanks to such events as “Asian Games 2011”. Almaty will host the World Winter Universiada of 2017. By the opening of the Universiada, the city will have a sports village, new ice palace and many other modern facilities built in its territory.
2. Make up 5 questions about Almaty and ask your classmates to answer
What places of interest in Almaty do you know?
III. Brush up your grammar
- Read the sentences to see how to use the Present Continuous Tense and the Past Continuous Tense.
- [ was reading a book all day long yesterday.
- I am watching TV now.
2. Say 3 things of what you are doing (your friend is doing) now (at the
present moment) and 3 things of what you do (your friend does) everyday (usually).
Example: My friend is having a good time now. My friend is watching TV now. He usually watches TV in the day time.
3. Ask one of your classmates w hat he (she) wras doing last night when
somebody came. Ask questions till you guess what he (she) was doing.
Example: — Were you reading a book when Mother came?
- No, I wasn’t.
- Were you watching TV?
- No, I wasn’t.
- Were you working with your computer?
- Yes, I was.
Say 3 things of
- what you (your classmates) were doing when the teacher came into the classroom;
- what your parents were doing at 8 o’clock yesterday;
- what you were doing when your friend once came to see you.
Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
(John F. Kennedy)