Описание методической разработки
- "Do You Know England, Scotland and Wales?" викторина по английскому языку для учеников 6-х классов
- Викторина проводится с использованием презентации в Power Point, что наглядно позволяет вспомнить и закрепить страноведческие знания учащихся, совершить заочное путешествие по Великобритании.
- Учебный предмет: английский язык
- Уровень образования школьников: углубленное изучение.
- Форма учебной работы: классно-урочная.
Викторина “Do You Know England, Scotland and Wales?"
Цели и задачи викторины:
- расширение знаний о Великобритании;
- формирование уважения и интереса к другой культуре;
- развитие языковых способностей учащихся закрепление изученного материала;
компьютер, видеопроектор, презентация в PowerPoint по теме “England, Scotland, Wales,” карта Великобритании.
- О.В. Афанасьева, И. В. Михеева. Учебник английского языка для 6 класса школ с углубленным изучением английского языка-М.: Просвещение, 2003.
- С. Шерин Взгяд на Британию-Оксфорд Юниверсити Пресс, 1992.
- Сайты Интернета: http://www.worldweb.com/ Photo; Peter Montague; http://www.Геральдика.ru/
I. Приветствие, мотивация.
T: Good morning, dear teachers and students! Welcome, our dear guests from school № 12.Glad to see you. Do you like to travel? Let’s all together make a short journey to one of the European countries. I’m sure you already know a lot about it and its people, but some things are easily forgotten. Let’s brush up our knowledge and see who knows it better. /Слайд № 1/
- Listen to its anthem and name this country. /Слайд №2 /
- What do you think about when you hear the word “Great Britain”? (Ученики рассказывают о своих ассоциациях)
- Who is the head of the country? What’s her name? (Elizabeth II) /Слайд №3/
- What is the official name of this country? /Слайд №4 /
- What’s the population of the UK? (about 59 million people)
- Who can name and show all parts of the UK and their capitals? (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland; London, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Belfast) (Ученики называют и показывают на карте части королевства и столицы) /Слайд №5 /
- What do you know about the flag of the UK? How is it called? (It is known as the Union Jack. It is made up of three crosses. The upright Red Cross is the cross of St. George, the patron saint of England. The white diagonal cross is the cross of St. Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland. The red diagonal cross is the cross of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. St David is the patron saint of Wales. /Слайд №6 /
- Make up the countries’ names, which we are going to visit, from these mixed letters /Слайд №7 /
- Now we can read the name of our quiz -“Do You Know England, Scotland and Wales?" /Слайд № 8/
- Who knows why the British people speak so much about the weather? (It’s an island country and that’s why the weather is very changeable).
- Now let’s begin our journey with England, the largest part and the heart of the UK.
- What is the population of England? (47.5 million)
- What language do people speak there? (English)
- How are people, who live in England, called? (the English.)
- How many regions is England divided into? What are they? (5 regions: the Southeast, the Southwest, East Anglia, the Midlands and the North of England) /Слайд № 9/
- Agree or disagree with the statements: /Слайд № 10/
- The Southeast is low – populated region.(-)
- There is a Heathrow airport in the East Anglia (-)
- The Southwest is a farming region. (+)
- We can find the famous Stonehenge in the Midlands. (-)
- The Midlands is the heart of England. (+)
- What is the national emblem of England? (the red rose) /Слайд №11(1)/
- Whose cross is on the national flag of England? Saint George’s Cross (a red cross on a white field) /Слайд № 11(2)/
- What are the largest cities in England? (Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield)
- What river is London situated on? (the Thames)
- There are many bridges in London. Who can name this beautiful bridge? (The Tower bridge) /Слайд №11(3)/
- How is called the clock on one of the towers of the Houses of Parliament?( Big Ben) /Слайд №11(4)/
- What is the residence of the queen in London? How many rooms are there? (600) /Слайд № 12/
- What a world-known British writer was called the swan of Avon and why? (William Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon.) /Слайд №13/
- What great Shakespeare‘s plays do you know? (The Comedy of Errors, Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, As You Like It, Twelfth Night, Hamlet, Othello, King Lear Macbeth…)
- Let’s speak about Scotland, the second part of the UK. What is the national emblem of Scotland? (the thistle) /Слайд №14(1)/
- What parts is the country divided to? (Highlands and Lowlands)
- What is the population of Scotland? (5 million)
- What languages are spoken in Scotland? (English but some of the people still speak Scottish Gaelic, the ancient Celtic language of Scotland.)
- How are people, who live in England, called? (the Scottish or Scots)
- Whose cross is on the national flag of Scotland? Saint Andrew’s (a blue field with white diagonal crossed stripes) /Слайд № 14(2)/
- What is the capital of Scotland? (Edinburgh) /Слайд №14(3)/
- What is Edinburgh sometimes called? (Athens of the North)
- What is the Edinburgh Castle used to be? (a fortress)
- Who lives in Holyrood House sometimes? (the Queen) /Слайд №14(4)/
- What monument, situated in Edinburgh is the symbol of devotion? (It’s the monument to the dog called Bobby which lived near its master’s grave for 26 years.) /Слайд № 15/
- What a well – known Scottish poet do you know? (Robert Burns)Listen to this poem in English and then in Russian translated by S. Y. Marshak. (ученики декламируют стихотворение) /Слайд № 16/
- Who is this man? Prince Charles Edward Stewart was Scotland’s national hero. He fought against the English in the 18th century. The Prince tried to make Scotland independent. What was his nickname and why? (“Bonnie” means “good-looking” )Let’s sing one of the most famous Scottish song about this hero “My Bonny is over the ocean”.(ученики исполняют песню) /Слайд № 17/
- Now we shall speak about Wales. It’s the smallest country in the UK. Where is it situated? /Слайд №18/
- What is the national emblem of Wales? (The national symbol is a yellow daffodil) /Слайд № 18(1)/
- What animal is pictured on the national flag of Wales? (a red dragon) /Слайд № 18(2)/
- What languages do people speak? (English and Welsh)
- What is the population of Wales? (about 3 million)
- How are people, who live in Wales, called? (the Welsh.)
- What is the biggest city and port in Wales? (Cardiff) /Слайд №18(3)/
- How is North Wales called and why? (It’s known as Snowdonia because there is the second highest mountain in Britain Snowdon) /Слайд №18(4)/
- Now let’s go back home riding in a sleigh with a British song “Jingle bells” (ученики исполняют песню)
- Our traveling is over. It’s great when people have an opportunity to travel, expand their outlook and know each other better. And I hope you have enjoyed our trip a lot. I’m glad that you’ve learned a lot about Great Britain.
III Подведение итогов
Now we shall count your scores. Who has more? Our congratulations. (выявление победителей и их награждение). Thank you for your work. Good bye!