The theme: Learning English is fun.
Answer the questions.
1.What’s your name?
2. Where are you from?
3.How are you?
4. How old are you?
5.Which class are you in?
6.What is your mother like?
7. What does your father do?
Visual aids: slides, an interactive board, pictures
Connection of the subjects: English – Russian – Kazakh
The aims: 1. To check pupils’knowledge from English, Kazakh and Russian through playing games, doing different tasks
2. To develop pupils’ reading, speaking and thinking abilities and enlarge their vocabulary.
3. To bring up the pupils the lovers of language of English and teach to be attentive and curiosity
Good morning dear pupils, teachers and guests! We are glad to see you and we hope that you’ll enjoy today’s game.
Welcome to our competition " Learning English is fun”! The pupils of 5 th forms take part in this game. Let me introduce you with our players.
The first team is called " Erudites”. Our motto is “Enjoy English!”.The captain of the team is.
The second team is called is "The golden moon”. Our motto is “Better late than never!” The captain of the second team is_____
The third team is “Optimists”. Our motto is “Learn English!” Well, we begin our game and let’s meet our participants.
I. Our 1st level "Presentation of the teams”
Participants tell some words about themselves, about hobbies, favourite subjects, motto. The captain of each team comes here, takes out cards. There are numbers 1 and 2,3 who take number 1, that starts our competition.
II. Now we begin our 2 nd level "Baiga” Are you ready?
1.What is the capital of G.B.?
2. How many parts are there in Great Britain?
3.How many letters are there in English alphabet? (26)
4."іздеу” с?зіні? а?ылшынша аудармасы? (look for)
5."clean” с?зіні? антонимі? (dirty)
1.What is the official language in Kazakhstan? (Kazakh)
2.Which is the most popular British sport? (Football)
3.What is the capital of Kazakhstan? (Astana)
4."?арау” с?зіні? а?ылшынша аудармасы? (look at)
5."good” с?зіні? антонимі? (bad)
3 rd team
1. How many letters are there in Kazakh alphabet? (42)
2.Who is the head of the country?(president)
3.What is Big Ben?(a clock)
4.What is the official language of the USA? (English)
5.How many letters are there in Russian alphabet? (32)
III. “A magic 5”. And now we come to the 2nd contest which is called “A magic 5”. Look at the square, each team will take turns in answering questions. You’ll choose any number. “ …”, it’s your turn to start.
1 2 3 4 10
5 6 7 8 9
1 Say or sing the English alphabet.
2 Name 5 colours.
3 Name 5 school subjects.
4 Name 5 sports.
5 Name 5 professions.
6 Name 5 things that people wear.
7 Name 5 animals.
10 Name 5 vegetables
9 Name 5 girls name
8 Name 5 school materials.
IV.Now we continue our game. 4 th level "Do you know?” You must guess the riddles and write the answers into English, Russian and Kazakh. In 3 languages – 15 point, in 2 languages – 10 point, in 1 language – 5 point.
1.It is running night and day but it never runs away. (A clock, час, са?ат)
2. I have four legs, but I can’t walk. (a chair)
3. I’m tall and green, I’m in the garden. (a tree)
4. It doesn’t have legs, but it goes. (a watch)
5.What has legs but cannon run? (a chair,стул, орынды? )
6.The little old man who has 12 children. (a year, )
7.I have cities but no houses; forests but no trees; rivers without water; what am I? (a map, карта)
8. What is it that looks like a cat, eats like a cat, walks like a cat, but still it is not a cat? (a kitten, котёнок, мысы?)
9 What has no head, no arms, no legs, and still has a tongue? (a shoe,ая? киім, обувь)
10. Im big. Im grey. My nose is long. My tail is short. I’m an …. (elephant)
2 nd team
1. A place where things are made, often by machines. (a factory, завод, зауыт)
2. A machine like an electric cupboard that you keep in your kitchen and use for keeping food cool and fresh. (a fridge, холодильник, то?азыт?ыш)
3. The room in a house or restaurant where food is prepared to eat. (a kitchen, кухня, ас ?й)
4. A drawing of an area which shows cities, rivers, roads etc. (a map, карта, карта)
5. A set of sheets of paper containing new and advertisements, which is sold every day or week. (a newspaper, газета, гaзет)
6. It doesn’t have legs, but it goes. (a watch)
7. It doesn’t have legs, but it jumps. (a ball)
8. Two brothers, but they don’t see each other. (eyes)
9) I’m little. I’m grey. My nose is short. My tail is long. I’m a …. (mouse)
10) I’m small. I’m white.My nose is black. My ears are long. I like carrots.I’m a …. (rabbit, hare)
9. A place with grass and flowers. (a garden, сад, бау – ба?ша)
10. A wild animal that looks like a large dog. (a wolf, волк, ?ас?ыр)
3 rd team
1. It is white and cold and sweet. All children like it. (ice-cream)
2. It is not a man, it is not a woman, but it teaches us. (a book)
3. It gives us milk and butter two. It’s very kind and likes to moor.(a cow)
4) I am very useful. I give you milk, cheese, cream, meat. (cow, сиыр,корова)
5) Children like me, because I’m funny.I can do a lot of things like people. (monkey)
6). Very cold rain which is soft and white. (a snow, снег, ?ар)
7). A book that tells you what words mean and how to spell them.(a dictionary, словарь, с?здік)
8). A plant such as a carrot, cabbage or a potato which is grown to be eaten. (a vegetables, овощи, к?к?ністер)
9). What has a face and two hands but no arms or legs? A clock!
10) I am your friend. I say “Bow-wow-wow!” (dog)
Let's have a rest:
Hands up, Hands down,
Hands on hips, Sit down.
Stand up, Hands to the sides,
Bend left, Bend right.
Hands on hips, One, two, three, hop, One, two, three, stop. Stand still!
V.Grammar tasks. Good for you! I see you are good at …. Are you good at grammar? Let us see. Now grammar quiz. Correct the mistakes in the sentences.
This is my sister. …. Name’s Carol.
This is my aunt. … name’s Mary.
This is my cousin. …. name’s Andy.
This is my grandmother. … name’s Ann.
This is my father. …. name’s David.
1. Ann and Mike is friends.
2. We English are.
3. Her hobby has reading.
4. What colour the pencils are?
5. Ben have got a parrots.
6. You can play basketball?
7. There are a horse and 2 pigs in the yard.
8. The Brown live in Canada.
9. His sisters’ name is Kate.
Key (Ключ):1.Ann and Mike are friends. 2 We are English. 3.Her hobby is reading.
4.What colour are the pencils? 5 Ben has got a parrots. 6.Can you play basketball?
7.There is a horse and 2 pigs in the yard. 8The Brown lives in Canada. 9.His sister’s name is Kate.
Sing a song:
« We are friends.»
Conclusion. Thank you very much for your work..I think our lesson was very interesting for you. You know a lot of different things. Dear judges, tell us the score of the quiz, please. The team… is the winner. Our best congratulations!