Урок английского языка на тему:"Путешествие"
Создайте Ваш сайт учителя Курсы ПК и ППК Видеоуроки Олимпиады Вебинары для учителей
Урок английского языка на тему:"Путешествие"
Активизировать и расширить словарный запас по теме “Travelling”;
Формирование навыков чтения и говорения по теме;
Формирование грамматических навыков.
Развитие познавательной компетенции;
Развитие внимания и памяти.
Воспитание культуры поведения;
Поддержание интереса и мотивации к учебной деятельности с помощью использования информационных технологий.
Оборудование: компьютер, проектор, экран, презентации.
Начало урока Организационный момент
Good afternoon, dear children and guests! I am glad to see you. Let’s begin our lesson. First of all let us listen to the poem.
Take a bus or take a train,
Take a boat or take a plane,
Take a taxi, take a car,
Maybe near or maybe far,
Take a rocket to the moon,
But be sure to come back soon.
Great. As you know almost all people are fond of travelling. It is very interesting to see new places, another towns and countries. And today we are going to speak about travelling. (Слайд 1).
So I want to draw your attention to the screen where the quotation from John Clarke is written: “He that travels far knows much”. How do you understand these words? What is your opinion? (Ученики отвечают).
I think…. To my mind… In my opinion…..
2. To my mind travelling is exciting, because when you travel you have a chance to change your style of life, to visit new places, to learn more about the traditions and customs. When you travel, you meet different people and make friends. But what about you? (Ученики отвечают).
Do you like to travel? (Yes, I do) How often do you travel? Whom do you travel with? Have you travelled this year? When did you make your journey? Where did you go? Did you travel by train, by sea or by air?
Look at the screen. You can see some opinions about travelling. Read, translate and express your own attitude to this. (Слайд 2). “I like to travel! It`s just great! ”Renee, 19 “Travelling becomes more and more dangerous...”Elizabeth, 64 “Usually I travel to learn something new...”Stuart, 28
4. So you see there are a lot of minds. And what do you think about travelling? Why do people travel? (They travel to see the sights, to make friends, to meet people, to discover new places, to know customs, traditions, to visit new places, to learn a language, to know the history, culture, to study, to see famous places of interest, to learn more about the countries). (Слайд 3).
5. Now try to express your own opinion and say why people travel. Look at the screen and get ready to finish these sentences. Is everything clear? (Слайд 4).
People like to travel...
Usually they travel...
to see the beauty of the world
When they travel they like to... go shopping
meet new people
make new friends
learn traditions of other countries
Because travelling is...
good for health
But sometimes it can be...
6. Let’s move on to the next task. But, first of all, I want you to guess the meaning of this word. Look at the screen, please. Let’s read the definition. (Слайд 5).
So who is a homebody? He is a homebody who hates parties. (Он домосед, который ненавидит вечеринки). Exactly.
There are some people. They express their attitude about travelling. Who are they? Let’s read and translate the description and choose the correct person. You are right! / You are wrong! (Слайд 6).
A. He likes to travel alone or with his students. They like to see the beauty of the world and learn traditions of other countries. They think that travelling is very interesting. It helps us to understand other people better. (A professor of History) B. He likes to travel alone or with his friends. Usually he travels for pleasure. When he travels he likes to visit new places. (A traveller) C. He doesn`t like to travel at all. He thinks that it`s better to stay at home, because travelling is dangerous and expensive. (A homebody) D. Usually he travels on business. When he travels he likes to meet new people. He thinks that travelling is useful but sometimes it`s a bit tiring. (A businessman)
7. How can people travel? (They can travel by bus, by plane, by train…and so on).Ok. I think you can easily do the next task. (Слайд 7).
1. To drive 2. to cycle 3. to walk 4. to sail 5. to fly
a)to travel to a place by car b) to travel to a place by bicycle c) to travel to a place on foot d) to travel to a place by
boat or ship e) to travel to a place by plane
8. (Retellings). What means of transport will you choose? Let’s speak about the advantages and disadvantages of different ways of travelling. The first is travelling by plane. Nastya wants to tell us about it. (Дети рассказывают о любимых видах транспорта).
Travelling by plane (Слайд 8). As for me there is nothing like travel by air; it is more comfortable, more convenient. This is the best way to get to a foreign country fast. Modern planes are comfortable and it is very nice to fly to the destination point.
Great. Let’s speak about train. Jenya come here.
Travelling by train (Слайд 9). I think that with a train you have speed and pleasure. From the comfortable seats you have a beautiful view of the whole country-side. If you are hungry, you can have a meal in the dining-car; and if a journey is long then you can have a wonderful bed in a sleeper. Modern trains are also rather comfortable and travelling by train is convenient and cheap.
Well done. Let’s continue our work. Let’s speak about the most expensive way of travelling. Julia you are welcome! A little louder, please.
Travelling by ship (Слайд 10). As you know travelling by ship is also very popular now. I think it is very pleasant to feel the deck of the ship under the feet, to see the rise and fall of the waves, to feel the fresh sea wind blowing in the face. Nowadays modern liners have everything to make people feel nice and comfortable. There are swimming-pools, restaurants and even shops. But the main disadvantage is that travelling by ship is the most expensive way of travelling.
The next way of travelling is the most popular nowadays. This is travelling by car. Let’s listen to Lera.
Travelling by car (Слайд 11). Many people like to traveling by car. You can travel to different cities and towns of your native country and even abroad. In my opinion it is interesting, because you can see many things in a short time, you can stop when and where you like, you do not have to buy tickets or carry your suitcases.
Now Vlad wants to tell us about his favourite transport.
Travelling by bicycle (Слайд 12). I think that travelling by bicycle can be one of the most fulfilling ways to get from one place to another as it is healthy and interesting.
Travelling on foot is one of the cheapest ways of travelling, but it has a lot of advantages. Sonya will tell us about them.
Travelling on foot (Слайд 13). In summer I like travelling on foot. This way of travelling is called hiking. I take a tent, backpacks, food and start walking. This kind of travelling is slow, but you spend a lot of time outside and you do not have to think about tickets. And I consider that we can admire the wild nature only travelling on foot …
9. Complete the text with the words from the box and read the text. (Слайд 14). Goodbye, summer! I think my holidays this year were just wonderful. I had a lot of fun. In June my family and I went to the Black Sea. We stayed three weeks at a hotel in Sochi, a famous resort. The weather was hot and sunny, and we went to the beach every day. We swam a lot and stayed in the sun. My father taught me to fish and we went fishing and boating early in the morning. We enjoyed our trip a lot.
10. Well done! By the way, what countries would you like to visit? As far as I know, Ann would like to visit Great Britain. Am I right? You are welcome! (Слайд 15).
Many people dream of travelling to different countries. Great Britain is one of the best places where people can go to. I would like to visit Great Britain. London is the capital of Great Britain and it is one of the most famous cities in the world. It draws people from all over the world. Some come on business; some come to study, to work or on holiday. There are many wonderful sights there. I'd like to see the famous clock tower Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square. I know that in London there are a lot of museums, but I'd like to visit the museum of Madame Tussauds most of all. There are a lot of famous and historic people and also popular film characters. I think it’s very interesting.
11. (The dialogue). Now let’s have a rest. I know that a lot of you would like to visit England. So let’s imagine that we are going to England. (Сценка «На борту самолета»). (Слайд 16,17, 18).
Pilot: - Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. “British Airways” are glad to meet you. I am a pilot, Mr. Smith and I wish you a pleasant flight. Stewardess: –Let me introduce myself. I am Miss Evans, a stewardess. Welcome to our plane. Tourist1. –Is this your first visit to England? Tourist2. –No, it is not. I was in England several years ago. And what about you? Tourist1. –Oh, it’s my first visit. England is the country of my dream. Tourist2: – Really? Tourist1:- Look, look! We are flying above the sea. Tourist.2 –It’s not the sea. It’s La-Manche and English people call it the English Channel. By the way, the weather is changeable in Britain. English people say: “We have no climate, we have only the weather”. Tourist1-Oh, it’s interesting. Stewardess: –Ladies and gentlemen! Our plane is about to land in London, the capital of England. We ask you to fasten your seats. Our plane will arrive exactly on time and your guide is waiting for you in the airport.
12. Let’s move on to the next task. Match the parts of the sentences. I’ll give you the task cards. So you’ll have two minutes to do this task. (Слайд 19).
Trafalgar Square (Слайд 20)
The City (Слайд 21)
The White Tower (Слайд 22)
The Houses of Parliament (Слайд 23)
The National Gallery (Слайд 24)
St Paul’s Cathedral (Слайд 25)
Tower Bridge (Слайд 26)
has a collection of important paintings.
is a central place in the Tower of London.
has a large dome.
is the political and cultural centre of London.
is not far from the Tower of London.
is the geographical centre of London.
is on the north bank of the Thames.
Let's check up this exercise.
Now I want you to look at the screen and read this quotation. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page” St. Augustine. (Слайд 27).
In conclusion, I’d like to say that it’s great when people have an opportunity to travel, because it’s always interesting to discover new things, to meet different people and to try different food.
Our lesson is over. Thank you.
Предмет: Английский язык
аудитория: 6 класс.
Урок соответствует ФГОС
Автор: Байрамкулова Светлана Аубекировна
Номер свидетельства: 624345
* Свидетельство о публикации выдается БЕСПЛАТНО, СРАЗУ же после добавления Вами Вашей работы на сайт