Тема: Back in Great Britain
Форма урока: урок-путешествие
Тип урока: повторение изученного
Задачи: 1) развитие учебно-познавательных интересов, умений, навыков самостоятельной работы, опыта творческой деятельности, коммуникативных навыков;2) развитие языковой догадки, умения работать самостоятельно, расширение кругозора учащихся.3) воспитание чувства прекрасного, толерантности к культуре изучаемого языка;
- мультимедийный проектор; презентация
- дополнительная информация на электронных носителях;
- раздаточный материал с текстом;
- карта Великобритании;
Good morning, dear friends! I’m glad to see you. We have learnt many interesting things about Great Britain. Today we have an unusual lesson, lesson-travelling. The name of the lesson is “Back in Great Britain”.
2. Фонзарядка. (учитель)
But first let’s revise our short verses.
One orange on the plate.
Two tigers in the zoo.
Five fat frogs with the flag.
We’ll fly into this wonderful country by the airplane “Boing 747”
Come into the airplane! Take your seats, please. We are flying.
Dear, friends! You are welcome in Great Britain! Our airplane is landing in the Heathrow airport, the most busiest airport in the world. A guide Lana is waiting for you.
Good morning. I’m glad to see you. I’m your guide. My name is Lana. I invite you to visit London. We’ll have a wonderful excursion by bus. If you have questions, please, ask me.
1. The best place in the world is London
2. London is the British capital and one of the biggest cities in the world
3.London is situated upon both banks of the river Thames, it is the largest city in Britain and one of the largest in the world. Its population is about 7 million people.
Yes, quite right.
4. It consists of 3 parts: The City of London ,The West End, The East End.
5. The West End . The best places of the West End are: Buckingham Palace, Kensingston Gardens, St.Jame’s Park, Hyde Park
6. Here are the historical places as well as the famous parks. Hyde Park with its Speaker’s corner is also here.
7. The Queen’s Residence was built in 1870 for Samual Barhard a vice president of the Paper company.
8.The 1700’s the Queen’s Residence was a gift from Henry Ford.
Yes, you are right.
9. Big Ben. The name of Big Ben actually refers not to the clock tower itself, but to the thirteen ton bell hung within. The Bell was named after the first commissioner of works, Ser Benjamin Hall.
10. This Bell came originally from the old Palace of Westminster, it was given to the Dean of St. Paul’s by William 3.
Before returning to Westminster to hang in its present home it was refashioned in Whitechapel in 1858.
11. The East End. To the east the large area called the East End. This is London’s poorest part.
The very large riverside in the East End make London one of the three largest parts ion the world.
12.Tower of London founded nearly a millennium ago and expanded upon over the centuries since, the Tower of London has protected the city.
Yes, quite so.
14-15. Tower Bridge has stood over the River Thames in London since 1894 and is one of the finest bridges in the world.
16.The City of London extends over the area of about 2,6 square km in the heart of London. It is the financial centre of the UK with many banks.
17. Museums and art galleries of London. Tate Gallery.
18. London is very rich in museums and art galleries. If you are fond of painting you’ll go to the Tate Gallery.
19. A rich sugar manufacturer Henry Tate founded it in 1897.
20. There are about 300 oils and 19000 watercolours and drawings.
21. The British museum is the largest and richest of its kind in the world.
22. By law a copy of every book ,periodical and newspaper, published in Britain must be presented in the British museum.
23.This collection is so vast that only a very small percentage of it is on show to the public.
Of course, there are
24-25 The famous places of London- Globe Theatre was built in 1599 by the playing company to which Shakespeare belonged.
26. Trafalgar Square
27. The Cathedral of Saint Paul.
28. Piccadilly. Statue on border of the city of London.
Our excursion has come to an end. Thank you everyone for patience and curiosity. Now I invite you to visit one of the British schools.
5. In the English school.
Introduce yourselves, please.(учитель)
-I’m Dasha. I’m a 10 former and I like to go to school. My favourite subject is English.
-My name is Nikita. I’m interested in History and I like to read about different military armament: tanks, helicopters, planes, rifles, machineguns.
-Hi. I’m Sveta. I enjoy music very much and like to go to disco.
-And I’m Vika. I am fond of music as Sveta. Besides I like reading, watching TV.
-I’m Mila. Nice to meet you in our school.And I enjoy singing. Beatles is my favourite musical group.
- I’m Max. I’m mad about sport. Football is my favourite and the best football team is Manchester United.
6. Dialogue. (Valya, Dasha)
-I’m Val. I like to study. My favourite subjects are English, Literature, Biology. As far as I could understand Dasha also likes to study and her favourite subject is English. Dasha do you have any problems with your English?
*Dasha)Yes, there are some. First is my pronunciation, second is my grammar. I would like to improve them. Val, I’m interested to know about youth organizations. Are there any youth organizations in your country?
-Of course, there are. There are both formal and informal.
*What are they?
-Well, at the end of 1960s some teenagers in Great Bri tain had begun to form different cultural groupings. For example: hippies, punks, bikers, ravers. And nowadays there are many.
*As far as I know they all have there own values and believes, don’t they?
-Yes, they do. A subculture is a group of people with the same values and believes, the same style and they like the same music. Some of them are positive others negative. And what is your attitude towards the members of different youth groups?
*As for me I don’t really like skinheads for their racist ideas. But on the whole I think all people have the right to selfexpression and to choose their own style. Every subculture has its own interesting points. I like bikers’ way of life. It seems to me that they have more freedom and I think that riding a bike is great.
- I quite agree with you. I think that it is very exciting to be a hacker but at the same time it is rather dan- gerous because they do illegal things.
*I think so too. I can’t understand people who don’t like hippies. They are different of course but they do not bring anything wrong to the society. They only want to change the world for the best. And what about your parents? Do they have the same point of view?
-It seems to me that adults don’t like any subculture because they don’t understand their behavior and Idon’t approve it, they don’t understand their way of life , their music and so on. And the same with my parents.
*I see. As for my parents they also disapprove subcultures. Thank you very much for conversation .I have trained my English.
7. Now we'll read the text “Youth organizations in Great Britain”
- read the word combinations
- read the text
- answer the questions
8. Do the test.
9. Homework. Write a letter to your English friend.
10.Your marks for the lesson.
Слайд 1’’Back in Great Britain”
One orange on the plate.
Two tigers in the zoo.
Five fat frogs with the flag.
Слайд 3. Картинка самолёта(звук самолёта)
Слайд 4. Аэропорт Хитроу.
Презентация “ The best place in the world is London''
3. Sorry, but I have a question. Is London divided into 3 parts? (Никита)
8. Excuse me. I’ve heard much about Clock Tower. As far as I could understand it is one of the Towers of the Houses of Parliament, isn’t it? (Вика)
12. I make you pardon. Is Tower of London first was a home for monarchs, second – a fortress, then a museum? (Максим)
16. Sorry. May I ask you a question? I know that London is a cultural centre. What museums are there in London? (Света)
23. Excuse me. I also have a question. Are there any famous places in London?(Валя)
Картинка английской школы” In the English school”