Открытый урок по практической грамматике английского языка на тему «Present Tenses»
Задачи урока: 1. Закрепление грамматического материала по теме “Present Tenses”
2. Контроль усвоения изученного
3. Развитие навыка устной речи с использованием
4. Расширение знаний учащихся о традициях страны изучаемого языка
5. Развитие творческой инициативы, воображения и логического мышления учащихся
Оборудование: компьютерная презентация, DVD диск с аутентичным фильмом, раздаточный материал, карточки с ответами
- Организационное начало урока
Hello to everybody! I’m glad to see you at the lesson. It’s devoted to Present Tenses. Today we are going to do different exercises to practice the tenses and have a test at the end of the lesson.
- Речевая зарядка
Answer my warming –up questions. You are to look at the screen and reply in accordance with the pictures.
(для данного вида работы были подобраны юмористические анимированные картинки, в соответствии с которыми нужно было составлять предложения)
- What were your family doing when you came home yesterday?
- How many books have you read lately?
- Where are you harrying?
- How much money has your uncle saved for the holiday?
- What has your cat been doing? It looks tired.
- How often do you hear loud music coming from the next flat? (or How often do your neighbours dance together?)
- What were you doing the whole evening yesterday?
- Is it the first time you have taken photos?
- Why does the baby look dirty?
- How long have you been sunbathing?
- What was your sister doing while you were dancing at the disco?
- How long have you been friends?
- Why is the child crying? How long has it been crying?
- What do you want to find?
- Закрепление изученного материала
- Актуализация знаний учащихся о временах
Well done. And now I’d like to check how well you know the rules. Listen and say what tense it is.
- This tense can be used with always or forever to describe a habit which the speaker finds annoying.(Present Progressive)
- It can be used to talk about future plans with reference to timetables and itineraries. (Present Simple)
- It has special uses in reviews, sports commentaries, and dramatic narrative. (Present Simple)
- The action was completed in the past but the time is unknown or unimportant. (Present Perfect)
- It refers to changing and developing situations. (Present Progressive)
- It is used to describe actions continuing up to the present moment (Present Perfect Progressive)
- The tense can be used in clauses of concession. (Present Simple)
- It refers to immediate future (Present Simple)
- Проверка домашнего задания
Well, it’s time to listen to the dialogues you’ve prepared for today. The task was to justify the use of the Present Simple and Present Progressive in the following pairs of sentences:
- They dance every stile.
- They are dancing every stile.
- Who sleeps in this room?
- Who is sleeping in this room?
- His hands shake.
- His hands are shaking.
- You put the umbrella in the wrong place.
- You are putting the umbrella in the wrong place.
- I don’t eat fish.
- I am not eating fish.
(прослушивание и оценивание диалогов)
- Выполнение упражнений на закрепление:
- matching task (stative verbs)
As you know, some verbs are not used in Continuous tenses and they are called stative verbs.What do they refer to? Look at the screen. Name as many stative verbs as you can.
Which of you can explain what the difference is between I think and I am thinking? (Some stative verbs are not stative with another meaning.)
So, the next task is to make up correct sentences matching the parts.
Match to make sentences
- I’m thinking……
- Phil’s looking……
- Phil looks……
- Claire has……
- I think……..
- Claire is having……
- Andy is…….
- Andy is being…….
- darker hair than her sister
- I’m going to buy the new Racetrack CD.
- a haircut at the moment.
- for his glasses. Have you seen them?
- not old enough to drive a car.
- of getting Dad a CD for his birthday.
- very annoying at the moment!
- like he needs a holiday!
(Key: 1F, 2D, 3H, 4A, 5B, 6C, 7E, 8G)
- Making up sentences
Look at the pictures and make up sentences using Present Perfect and Present Perfect Continuous
- Opening the brackets
Now I want you to divide into 2 groups. Each group is going to get sentences and a set of cards. The task is to open the brackets and choose the card with the right answer. On finishing the task, one of you will come to the blackboard and arrange the cards in the order of the sentences.
(При подготовке учителем карточек с ответами на обратную сторону каждой из них наклеивается по одной букве слова excellent; если скобки в предложениях раскрыты правильно, перевернув все карточки, можно получить это слово)
Use the proper forms of the verbs in brackets.
- Where we (to go) from here?
- What you (to do) tonight? I don’t know yet.
- I’ll see that everything (to be) properly packed and put into store.
- I can’t fetch you because I no longer have my car. I (to sell) it tomorrow.
- He asks if you (to meet) him in the library at 5 o’clock.
- You always (to come) up with excuses for not having done your homework. It’s so annoying!
- It’s the first time I (to have) a party at home.
- Poor Marusya! She (to write) that essay for hours now and she still hasn’t finished!
(key: 1) do…go, 2) are…doing, 3) is, 4) am selling, 5) will meet, 6) are coming, 7) have had, 8) has been writing)
- computer test
IV Развитие навыков говорения с использованием пройденного грамматического материала (на основе видеосюжета)
1. Актуализация знаний учащихся
While the others are finishing the test we’ll speak about the magic date – the 25 of December. Why is this day special? What words do you associate with this holiday? What Christmas traditions do you know?
2. Задание к видеосюжету
Have you ever seen the way the British celebrate Christmas? You have a chance to do it. Mr Bin (I think everybody knows him) will show it.
But before watching the film I’ll give you a task. You are to make up dramatic narrative commenting on Mr Bin’s actions. What tense should be used in dramatic narrative? (Present Simple)
- Просмотр видеосюжета
- Прослушивание подготовленного комментария
V. Подведение итогов