Конспект урока по английскому языку.
Тема: “My day off. Hobby”.
Преподаватель: Падалкина Е.М.
Цель урока: развитие коммуникативной компетенции учащихся на основе изученных лексических единиц, речевых и грамматических структур по теме “Выходной день. Хобби” в условиях неязыкового пространства.
- знакомство с популярными способами проведения досуга в России и англоговорящих странах;
- формирование и развитие речевых способностей, психологических функций, связанных с речевой деятельностью (память, мышление, способность логически мыслить, умение анализировать).
- акцентирование внимания учащихся на способах проведения досуга;
- создание ситуаций успеха и самореализации личности в различных видах деятельности.
- введение нового лексического материала (enjoy, love, hate + infinitive/-ing) и отработка его употребления в речи;
- формирование лексических навыков говорения по теме “Свободное время”;
- совершенствование навыков чтения и говорения с различной стратегией.
- развитие умения сопоставлять факты, развивать исследовательские и творческие навыки;
- создание условий для развития навыков общения и совместной деятельности.
Тип урока: урок комбинированного типа, посвящён развитию репродуктивных речевых навыков и занимает промежуточное место в изучении темы “Мой выходной день”, связывая этап формирования (рецептивный) и этап активизации (репродуктивный) речевых навыков.
Формы и виды работы: индивидуальная, фронтальная, групповая.
Учебник «Планета английского», аудиоматериал по теме; текст для чтения, карточки с новой лексикой, картинки по теме, карточки с заданиями, словари, тетрадь.
-Good morning, dear guests and students! I am glad to see you! You may sit down…
How are you? What date is it today? What day of the week is it today? Who is absent today?
-At the last lesson we spoken about your working day, your time-table, your activities, your lessons and so on…Now we start to speak about our day off and hobbies.
Open your copy-books and write down the date and the topic of our lesson today.
-Please, give the synonyms of the day off (weekends, Saturday and Sunday, free time, spare time, time for hobby…).
-When do you get up on Sunday?
-What do you do in the morning? What do you eat for breakfast?
-How do you usually spend your days off?
-Do you go in for sports on your weekends?
-Do you often go to see your friends?
Look at the blackboard and read the proverb: Our best friend is our hobby.
-Do you have hobby?
-What hobby do you have?
-What do you like doing?
3. Операционно-деятельностный этап.
1).-Now we should repeat the pronunciation of some sounds which will be necessary at our lesson (фонетическая зарядка).
Monday's child is nice and slow
Tuesday's child is go, go, go
Wednesday's child is very funny
Thursday's child is happy and sunny
Friday's child is like a king
Saturday's child can dance and sing
Sunday's child can stand on her head
And count the ghosts under her bed.
2).-Take the list and decide which world is the odd one out in each of the following groups of words.
- Music, dancing, painting, games.
- Games, sports, physical activity, photographs.
- Knitting, buttons, dolls, books.
- Ceramics, metalworking, jewellery making, singing.
- Unique, usual, rare, unusual.
3).-Now check your home task. You found out 6 mistakes from the text and corrected them (in grammar and in spelling).
4).So there are many different hobbies. They differ like tastes. Let’s revise the names of hobbies. So, let’s play the game “Guess the hobby”. I describe it for you and you raise the sheet with it’s name.
1. Some people like to visit different cities, towns, historical places, some visit other countries. They can travel by car, by train or by bus. This hobby helps them to learn history, geography, traditions of different people and countries. (travelling)
2. Some people play football, swim very well. They often go to the stadium or the sports ground. (sports)
3. Last Sunday my mother enjoyed the performance greatly. There was a storm of applause; she saw the stage and the scenery very well. So she promised to take me to the opera next time. (going to the theatre)
4. My friend likes to plant beautiful flowers and grows many plants in her ground. (gardening)
5. My cousin is fond of travelling and two weeks ago he bought a new camera. He is proud of his collections of photos. (taking photos)
6. When I come to visit my brother, he shows me new coins, badges and stamps on the theme he specializes in. (collecting)
7. Jane has got a puppy, she feeds it, takes her puppy for a walk, teaches to do tricks. Jane wants to have a parrot as well. (keeping pets)
8. Bob`s mother and father spend much time in the nature. They go to the river to catch fish. (fishing)
9. Mary Watson goes to Music school where her teachers teach her to play the piano. So she is fond of playing … . (playing musical instruments)
10. My grandmother has got a big collection of books. I often buy new detective stories for her. (reading)
11. Some people like to sing songs. They sing them at home, at the parties, listen to songs with great pleasure. (singing)
-Do you like singing? What famous English singers or musical groups do you know?
-Did you hear about “The Beatles”? What do you know about this group? (They were four: John Lennon, Paul Mc.Cartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr. They were from England, from Liverpool. It was the greatest rock band of the 20th century. It had the large influence into popular music that time).
-What their songs are the most popular? (прослушивание песни “Yesterday”).
5). So, I see that you know a lot of hobbies people have. The other day I received a letter from Great Britain. Susan, an English girl, wrote us about hobbies of English children. So, I made some copies of Susan`s letter. The task for you is to read and translate the letter carefully. Be ready to discuss it.
-Now I read the statements twice and you should write TRUE/FALSE on your sheets:
1. Susan has got a big family. (False)
2. There are four people in her family. (True)
3. Susan`s family lives in a big house. (True)
4. She is fond of reading fairy-tales. (True)
5. Susan`s favorite writer is Dickens. (False)
6. Tom Sawyer is a kind and funny boy. (True)
7. Susan enjoys gardening. (False)
8. Her friend Kate likes sports. (False)
9. Susan`s hobby is reading. (True)
-Now exchange your sheets and check each other and give the marks.
-How does Susan express what she enjoys? Find these phrases in the text. (enjoy reading)
Read the rule – ex.4, p.60.
-Now you should match the words and make up word combinations. These are kinds of activities.
Tastes really differ… Different people spend their free time differently. Let’s see what the most popular pastime activities are. Look at the screen, match the words and make up word combinations. Then write the answers. Use the model.
Model: 1 – c
- a bike
- to music
- computer games
7). –Now write Susan about your hobbies. Please, use the phrases from the book (ex.10 p.63).
8). –Do you want to know what I do in my free time on my weekend? I enjoy making and solving crosswords. And today I brought one for you. Let`s solve it together. Listen to my riddles and definitions:
1. Women like to buy new dress, blouses and skirts. They like to follow the latest fashion. That is their hobby (shopping).
2. We have friends. They cannot walk and cannot see. But they are very good to you and me. With these friends we sail on board the ship, fly by plain. They tell us about different cities and countries. Who are these good friends? (books).
3. My father has got a nice car. He likes to go by car everywhere. What is his hobby? (driving).
4. Economy is the favorite subject for those students who want to be a good … (economist).
-Thank you for your answers. You are very active!
9). –All hobbies we can divide into 3 groups: for women, for men and for both (ex.18 p.66).
-Now divide all hobbies into another groups:
1. doing things (playing chess, mountain climbing, horse riding…).
2. making things (knitting, cooking…).
3. collecting things (model trains, postcards…).
4. learning things (astrology, computers…).
4. Подведение итогов.
-Very good, students! Really, you have worked well at our lesson. Everybody has a hobby. You are the happiest people! Your marks are…
-Your home task will be to do the project about hobbies which are popular in your families 9use photos, pictures…).
-The lesson is over. You may be free. Good-bye, students.