Тема: Здоровье превыше богатства (“Health is above wealth”)
Тип урока: обобщающий
Цель: совершенствование произносительных навыков
Задачи: 1) практическая:
- совершенствовать навыки восприятия аутентичного текста с опорой на текст
- совершенствовать навыки составления диалога с опорой на прослушанный текст
- закрепить лексические навыки по теме «Здоровый образ жизни»
- проконтролировать навыки подготовленной диалогической речи
2) развивающая – развивать фонематический слух, языковую догадку, память и внимание;
3) воспитательная – прививать навыки здорового образа жизни;
4) образовательная – расширить знание учащихся о здоровом образе жизни.
Оборудование: карточки с алфавитом, звуками, скороговоркой, пословицами, словосочетаниями для составления диалога, распечатанные тексты для аудирования; ноутбук, аудиозапись с текстом
- Good morning, children. I am glad to see you. How are you?
- Sit down. Today we are going to have a contest. At home I asked you to divide into 2 teams, and now I ask you to take your seats according to your team.
- Let’s remember some English sounds. Look at the board. You can see different sounds. Now I’ll give you the cards with 2 English proverbs. You’ll have to read them and say what sounds we have there. Is it clear? OK.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Eat with pleasure, drink with measure.
- Речевая разминка (слайды 3-8)
Now I want you to answer my questions:
- What helps us to be healthy?
- Do you go in for sports?
- Do you eat healthy food and take vitamins?
- Competition (Соревнование).
Contest 1 (Конкурс 1). “Friendly numbers” (слайд 9)
For this contest you need the alphabet, I’ll give it to you later, a pen and a piece of paper. Now I shall name you the numbers and you are to write them down and to decode the words. Every team will have 3 words and 2 minutes to decode them. The words are from our topic “Health”. For every right word you’ll get a token. Are you ready? Well, let’s start!
a) 8, 5, 1, 12, 20, 8 (health)
b) 4, 15, 3, 20, 15, 18 (doctor)
c) 20, 5, 13, 16, 5, 18, 1, 20, 21, 18, 5 (temperature)
d) 20, 15, 15, 20, 8, 1, 3, 8, 5 (toothache)
e) 8, 15, 19, 16, 9, 20, 1, 12 (hospital)
f) 16, 8, 1, 18, 13, 1, 3, 25 (pharmacy)
Contest 2 (Конкурс 2). “Change the words”
You have succeeded in the 1st contest, now let’s pass on to the 2nd one. Here your task will be to change the words so that to get some advice how to be healthy. Is it clear? Very good! Ready? Steady? Go! (слайд 10)
a) your, eat, Wash, before, hands, you. (Wash your hands before you eat)
b) live, eat, but, to, not, live, Eat, to. (Eat to live but not live to eat)
Contest 3 (Конкурс 3). “Tongue-twister” (слайд 11)
I see that two contests were rather easy for you. So I want to give you a task which is more difficult. But before it I’m interested if you know what the word “tongue-twister” means.
Yes, it means “скороговорка”. Do you know any Russian tongue-twisters? OK. Now I want you to try yourself in pronouncing one English tongue-twister. I’ll give you cards with it, we‘ll read it aloud and then I’ll give you one minute to prepare it. Ready? Let’s start.
If a doctor is doctoring a doctor
Does the doctor doing the doctoring
Have to doctor the doctor the way
The doctor being doctored wants to be doctored
Or the way he usually doctors?
Contest 4 (Конкурс 4).
I see you are a bit tired. Am I right? Well, let’s have some rest then and listen to a funny dialogue. Then I’ll ask you some questions on it. For every right answer you’ll get a token. Ready? So, let’s listen.
The dialogue: (слайд 12)
Doctor: Well, what’s the matter with you, Mr Grant?
Mr Grant: I don’t feel very well. I’ve got a headache and a runny nose.
Doctor: Have you taken your temperature? What is it?
Mr Grant: Doctor! It’s 38.5 (thirty eight point five). And I feel bad. I’ve got a sore throat. Oh, I feel more dead than alive.
Doctor: I’m sorry to hear that. I’m sure things aren’t as bad as you imagine. Everything will be all right. Let me examine you.
Mr Grant: Oh, I hate staying in bed and taking medicine.
Doctor: Well, I think you’ve got a flu.
Mr Grant: That’s too bad. Poor me.
Doctor: Take it easy. It’s only flu. Take the medicine and stop worrying. Eat more fruit and vegetables. Give up meat and fast food. Goodbye, and cheer up.
Mr Grant: Goodbye, doctor. Thanks a lot.
1) What is the name of the patient?
2) What symptoms has he got?
3) Has he got a temperature? Is it high?
4) The doctor wants to operate on his patient, doesn’t he?
5) What is the diagnose?
6) What has the doctor advised to his patient?
Contest 5 (Конкурс 5). (слайд 13)
The next task for you will be the following. You’ll get some phrases and 2 minutes to make up a dialogue. But the difficulty is that your team should act out the dialogue and another team should guess where the dialogue takes place. Is the task clear? OK. Here are the words. You may start.
Are you ready? So, you are welcome to present your dialogues.
Thanks a lot!
At the pharmacy / At the chemist’s:
Have you got something for a cold (a cough, a sore throat, a headache)?
У вас есть что-нибудь от простуды (кашля, больного горла, головной боли)?
Be careful! – Будьте осторожны!
Take care! – Берегите себя!
Take the medicine before/after a meal. – Принимайте лекарство до/после еды.
At the doctor’s:
I’m afraid I don’t feel very well. – боюсь я чувствую себя не очень хорошо.
I’ve got a headache (a backache, a toothache, a runny nose). – у меня болит голова (спина, зуб, у меня насморк).
I’ve got a temperature. – У меня температура.
Let me examine you. – Позвольте Вас осмотреть.
Contest 6 (Конкурс 6).
And the last contest will be checking your homework. At home you were to make up dialogues. Your artistry and fluently of speaking will be appreciated. Do you need any time to prepare? OK. I give you 1 minute.
4. Итог урока.
That was great! Thank you very much! Now it’s time to count your tokens. Who is the winner? Well. I think that both teams worked hard today that’s why I’ll give you excellent marks.
And the last thing. You see coloured cards and I want you to answer my question – Do you like out lesson? If you like it show the green cards, if so-so – yellow cards, if not – red cards.
So, our lesson is over. Thank you very much! See you soon. Bye.