Тема урока: Healthy Food.
Общая цель: создание условий для формирования коммуникативной компетенции учащихся по теме «Healthy Food»
Прогнозируемый результат: предполагается, что к концу урока учащиеся смогут построить монологическое высказывание в рамках коммуникативной ситуации «Healthy Food».
создать условия для:
формированию уважительного отношения к культуре и традициям других народов;
формированию у учащихся основ здорового питания;
поддержанию интереса к изучению иностранного языка.
Оборудование: раздаточный материал, компьютер, мультимедиапроектор с экраном, аудиозапись, записи на доске, учебник.
I. Организационно-мотивационный момент.
T. 1. Good afternoon, children. Sit down, please. Glad to see you. Today I’ll be your English teacher. I hope our lesson will be nice and interesting. My name is Elena Vladimirovna. And what’s your name?
2. How are you today?
3. Let's wish smth good to each other. (Ex: I wish you to be healthy ...)
(to be happy, to study well, to get a good mark in English, to be clever, to smile more, to be active, to be brave, to have good pupils)
II. Введение в тему. Актуализация знаний.
T. Look at the blackboard. Here is the crossword. Do it, please. Guess the riddles and fill in the words. ( Write it down on the board)
1. Cats like this food very much. (fish)
2. It's yellow and sour. We can drink tea with it. (lemon)
3. It's yellow and very sweet. (honey)
4. It's a sausage in a roll. (hot-dog)
What's the key-word in the crossword? (FOOD)
Right you are. So today we are going to talk about healthy food. (open the topic) We will revise the words, act out the dialogues, read a text and do a lot of other interesting things.
III. Речевая зарядка.
T. 1) There are a lot of proverbs about food. One of them is
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Repeat all together.
You should follow this proverb and eat apples every day. Then you’ll be healthy.
2). A poem
T. There are also a lot of poems about food. Look at the screen. You can see a poem there. Complete it, please.
Some of us like (apples).
Some drink (juice) at night.
Some of us eat many (sweets).
Some don't think it's right.
- Who wants to read the whole poem?
T. Well done. What's your favourite food, by the way?
Ex: My favourite food is ...
IV. Активизация лексических единиц в устной речи.
T. 1) OK. Now look at the screen and name the words.
2) Open your books at page 4 Ex.2. Repeat after me. Read the words, please.
3) Now I’ll give you “word ladder”, try to read it as quickly as possible.
- Train first. 30 seconds.
- Read it one by one.
- And who wants to read the whole ladder?
4) You know that some food and drinks are healthy, some are not. You can see some pictures at the blackboard. Let's divide them into two groups: healthy and unhealthy. The 1-st group will find healthy food and the 2-d group will find unhealthy food (the pupils come up to the blackboard and fix the pictures into two groups)
5) Now find the words and match them with the pictures, please.
T. Wonderful! I see that you know much.
6) Now say what you usually have
- for breakfast?
- for lunch?
- for dinner?
V. Работа с текстом
T. 1) And what is the traditional English breakfast, lunch and dinner? Open your books at p.7 Ex.1a. This exercise will help you to answer the question. Find and read information in the text, please. Who wants to read about the traditional English breakfast?
VI. Совершенствование грамматических навыков. Употребление оборота "there is", "there are".
T. 1) Imagine that your friend comes to your place. He's very hungry. Look at the screen. Here you can see a fridge. What is there in it? I'll give you the cards.
Fill in is or are. Work in pairs.
( We use is if the noun is in singular and we use are if the noun is in plural)
Ex. : There is some cheese in the fridge.
There ... some apples in the fridge.
There ... some meat in the fridge.
There ... a tomato in the fridge.
There ... some eggs in the fridge.
There ... a cucumber in the fridge.
There ... some butter in the fridge.
There ... some bananas in the fridge.
Let your neighbours check your card. (Matvey and Liza, give your card to Ann and Peter.) Are there any mistakes?
2) Open your exercise-books and check up your homework. What is there in your fridge? (Ex.4 p.11)
VII. Развитие навыков диалогического общения.
T. Offer your friend smth to eat. Act the dialogue in pairs, please. ( the children are given pictures, they have to make up the dialogues) (Pictures: carrots, sweets, cereal, cheese, apples) Take any card you like. Use the following phrases.
Ex: - Would you like some ... ?
- Yes, please./ No, thank you.
VIII. Обучение восприятию и пониманию иноязычной речи на слух.
Т.1) You know that people like drinking tea very much because tea is very useful and healthy. Every morning I drink tea with lemon. Listen to the text and be ready to answer the question. Do English people drink tea with milk or with lemon?
Russian people like tea. English people like tea, too. They drink a lot of tea. They have tea for breakfast. They have tea for lunch, dinner and supper. Some English families have two or three cups of tea at tea-time.
English people drink tea from cups, not from glasses. English people like to have tea with milk, not with lemon. They call tea with lemon "Russian tea".
Do you like tea? Do you like it with milk or with lemon? Do you like "English tea" or "Russian tea"?
Т.2) Listen to the text again and say if the sentences are true or false.
1. Russian people like coffee.()
2. English people like tea. (+)
3. English people drink a lot of tea.(+)
4. They have tea only for breakfast.()
5. Some English families have two or three cups of tea at tea-time.(+)
6. English people drink tea from glasses.()
7. English people like to have tea with lemon.()
8. Tea with lemon is "Russian tea". (+)
9. Russian people like to have tea with milk.()
10. Russian people drink a lot of tea.()
Look at the screen and check up your work. Are there any mistakes?
Т. 3) And what about you?
- Do you like tea?
- Do you like tea with milk or with lemon?
- Do you like “English tea” or “Russian tea”?
IX. A Dynamic break.
Let's have a rest and do exercises. They are very useful for our body. Stand up, please.
X. Работа с текстом.
T. Your mind like your body needs exercises too. Reading is the wonderful way to do it. Let's read the text. Be ready to do some exercises.
1. To be healthy is very important. You can work, learn and have fun only when you are healthy. Health is the greatest wealth.
2. To be healthy you need vitamins. You should eat fruit and vegetables. The English say “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. It is because apples have vitamins and are good for your health. The most important vitamin is vitamin С. You can find it in lemons, oranges and even in cabbage.
3. There are things you should not eat much. They are chocolate, cakes and sweets. They have much sugar.
4. If you want to live a long life eat healthy food for breakfast, lunch and for dinner. Do exercises and go for a walk every day. Be healthy.
wealth [welƟ] богатство
should [ ʃ ʊ d ] следует
cabbage [kæbɪdʒ] капуста
Т. Do the tasks.
Read the text and choose the right headings to the paragraphs.
Health is the greatest wealth.
Drink milk and juice.
Answer the questions.
Why should we eat fruit and vegetables?
Why shouldn't we eat sweets and cakes?
Why is it important to do exercises?
XI. Работа над проектами по теме урока.
T. Let’s divide into 2 groups. Take any card. Who has an apple, take your seat here. And who has a pear, take your seat there. You should do the projects – Healthy food in Britain and Healthy food in Belarus. I’ll give you the pictures and some material which you can use. You have 5 minutes for this work. After that present your projects. ( The pupils present their projects)
XII. Домашнее задание.
T. Your home task is Ex.5 p.71 (WB) or
you can make a healthy menu for a day or for a week and be ready to present it.
XIII.Рефлексия A Healthy Basket
T. We have heard a lot about healthy food today. Let’s see what you’ve really learnt. I think this healthy basket will help us. I will give each of you an apple or a pear and you will write what food we should eat to be healthy. And then you’ll come up to the blackboard and put your apple or a pear into the basket.
T. I’m glad to see that our basket is full of healthy food and you know what you should eat to be healthy. You were very active today. That’s why you get excellent marks.
XIV. Заключительный этап.
T. Our lesson has come to an end. I see that you know much. And I hope that you will take care of your health every day. And always remember the proverb “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. That’s why I want to give you a healthy present. ( I wish you …) Thank you for your work.