Тест True/False/ к тексту учебника “One’s difficult son” "Английский язык 9 класс для школ с углубленным изучением англ.яз/О.В.Афанасьева, И.В. Михеева на с.162 Прочитайте текст с.162 “One’s difficult son” и определите какие высказывания верные, какие неверные.
Просмотр содержимого документа
«Тест “One’s difficult son” 9 класс. Unit 4.»
Тест “One’s difficult son” 9 класс . Unit 4.
УМК Афанасьева О.В.Учебник для школ с углубл.изучением англ.языка
"The Queen finds Prince Charles 'difficult 'and is annoyed about his extravagant lifestyle writes Margaret Rhodes, the late Queen Mother's niece and lady-in waiting who lives in Windsor. She says the relationship between the monarch and her eldest son has been tense for years. the Queen rinds Prince Charles extravagant and she does not like that. Mrs Rhodes, 76, who has lived at the heat of the court for most of her life, adds: It is very much a generation thing. Like any of us who lived through the rationing of the last war, the Queen does not believe in spending more than necessary, Prince Charles is an enormously hard-working man committed to charity work. But his attitude towards spending and entertaining is very much different to that of his mother the Queen has long had a reputation for watching the pennies and legend says that she goes round Buckingham Palace turning the lights off. Charles on the other hand has been often criticized for the number of servants he employs and his extravagant entertaining. In his own biography Charles allowed author Jonathan Dimbleby to describe his childhood as deeply unhappy, portraying his father as a bully and his mother as aloof and uncaring. This has both hurt and angered Philip and the Queen who remember their son's childhood quite differently. Charles is a romantic and I'm a pragmatist, "Philip once said." And because I do not see things as a romantic would, I'm unfeeling. We did our best (as parents) Mrs Rhodes, however, admits that raising a family "has not been easy for the couple The Queen has frequently been forced to put the country before her family. You must not forget that she came to the throne as a very young woman As any working mother will tell you, it's quite a job juggling your job and your children. Do you stay in and read your children a bedtime story or go off on an official engagement? The Queen is a wonderful woman but one who has always had a very strong sense of duty.
Which of the following statements are true and which are false?
1.The relations between the Queen and Prince Charles are strained.
2. The Queen doesn’t like that Charles spends too much money on entertainment.
3. Mrs. Rhodes knows about the relations between the Queen and Prince Charles from the Queen.
4. The reason for tense relations between the Queen and Prince Charles is a generation gap.
5. Charles is the Queen’s eldest son.
6.The Queen has a reputation of being extravagant.
7. Charles’s extravagant lifestyle means that he commits to charity work.
8. Charles’s extravagant lifestyle means that he has a lot of servants and spends much time on entertainment.
9. Charles has happy memories of his childhood.
10. Philip is Charles’s father.
11. Philip and Charles are both romantics.
12. The Queen spent much time with Charles when he was a child.