-to teach the usage of the present and past continuous passive voice;
-to revise the third forms of verbs;
-to revise the usage of the present and past continuous tenses;
-to revise the usage of the modal verb “should”.
-to develop the learners’ listening, writing, reading and speaking skills;
-to develop the learners’ thinking and analyzing abilities;
-to inform the pupils about the science museum of London;
-to bring them up to be attentive and responsible;
-to teach them the skills of tidy writing.
Просмотр содержимого документа
«Scientific Museum in London ppt. »
Scientific Museum in London
Grammar: Continuous Passive Voice
To prepare a short performance using the modal verb “ should ”, “ shouldn’t ” and “ Should …? ”
Revision of past participle form of verbs
Present Continuous Tense
Past Continuous Tense
She is (singular)
He was (singular)
We are (plural)
We were (plural)
is + V ing
+ V ing
Continuous Passive voice
Present Continuous Passive
Past Continuous Passive
Someone is washing the apples .
Dad was repairing my bicycle .
Present Continuous Passive:
Past Continuous Passive:
The apples are being washed
My bicycle was being repaired
was/ were + V ing
am/ is/ are + V ing
was/ were+ being + V 3
am/ is/ are + being + V 3
I by me
You by you
He by him
She by her
It by it
We by us
They by them
Jane by Jane
Doctor by doctor
- The trees are being planted by them in the garden.
- The letters were being typed by secretary.
- Milk is being sold by him in the shop.
- Tennis is being played by children.
- Dictation was being written by students.
- The dishes are being washed by Helen.
- Coffee was being made by Betty.
1. We are painting the room.
The room by .
2. Mike was translating the article.
The article by .
3. Postman is bringing newspapers.
Newspapers by .
4. They were preparing the room for the guests.
The room by
for the guests.
5. The child is playing computer games now.
Computer games by
Task 3: Watch the video about the science museum of London.
Task 4: Read the text “The Science Museum of London” and find the sentences with Continuous Passive Voice.
- And you can see machines which are being used by people.
- The number of collections will grow, because new technologies are being discovered by scientists.
Exercise 1 on page 94.
The task is to complete the sentences using
the correct form of the verbs.