I term, # 1 Short Term Plan
The teacher of the subject:
Yerzhanova Rima Anuarovna
Grade / Date
11 A, ?, Б – 03/IX. 2015
The theme of the lesson:
Module I. Relationships. Topic talk p 5
M. Harris, A. Sikorzynska. Choices – 11, Пирсон баспасы, 2014.
*All learners will be able to:
Give their own sentences using of tenses with personal relationships make their own questions to the given sentences.
come up with a definition of the new words and their meanings
The result of learning:
* Most learners will be able to:
say why they think the statements about talking about relationships given are wrong/right in their opinion
give example with tenses, own questions
* Some learners will be able to:
critically analyse a statement about personal relationships
say whether it is justified or scaremongering.
* Students can make own sentences & questions which have studied today’s and previous lessons
* uncles, cousins, half -brothers, relations
English tenses and types of questions
The basic ideas:
* Module I. Relationships. Topic talk p 5
* Ex 1. Talk to your partner. Make a list of personal relationships.
*Ex 2. You are going to read an article about relationships.
Try to predict. What is the most important relationships in your life will you find in the text?
* Ex 3. Listen to Fiona. Complete the information in the network below p 5.
* Ex 4. Read the article again & put own questions.
*Learners critically analyze the following questions.
- What are the relationships of modern society?
Methods of the lesson:
1. New approaches to teaching and learning.
2. Learning to think critically
3. Assessment for and of learning
4. Using ICT in teaching
5. Teaching talented and Gifted children
6. Management and leadership of learning
7. Responding to age related differences in children in teaching and learning,
*Venn diagram, KLWK Chart, Association, INSERT, Brainstorming
Ex /s 1-6 pp 5-6
What did they learn during the lesson: e.g. new vocabulary, similar words in English, facts and opinions about relationships
What skills did they develop? e.g. critical analysis, reflecting on relationships problems
Has this made them look at relationships in a new light? (reflection)
Divide them in groups & have a warm-up to get their attention, to get their interests for the English language, to make the warm atmosphere (conducive )
Work with new words:
Work with textbooks, work on new words.
Ex/s 1-6 p 5
3. Main part.
To make up own story, describe relationships, give own opinions and other activities
Project work. Work with pictures. Work in pairs. etc.
Ex 1 p 5
Ex 4 p 5
Ex 5 p 5
Work with dialogues:
Ex 2 p 5. Interview one of your group mates.
Express your opinion & find the reasons to prove it.
Self-assessment and to write own reflection.
KLWK, What have I learnt? What do I want to know?